Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Office SP3 upgrade

Office SP3 upgrade

KiwiBrian

This is a copy of an exchange I had on the Office newsgroup and could be
helpful to some here.

Thanks very much DL.
This worked and proved that the operation was successful.
This may be useful info for others who are daunted by the size of the
upgrade that MS wants dialup users to install (over 170 minutes) and who
might have more than one PC to upgrade.
Brian Tozer.

"DL" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote...
> From any Office app, help/about

> "KiwiBrian" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
>> I downloaded the following file and ran it:-

> http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...client-enu.exe

>> My understanding was that this should install all of the SP3 upgrade to
>> my
>> Office.
>> It asked for my Office CD and seemed to behave as I expected.
>> How can I check my system to see if it has been properly installed?

Patrick Dunford

In article <cjjkdo$6qb$(E-Mail Removed)> in nz.comp on Sat, 2 Oct 2004
01:00:24 +1200, KiwiBrian <(E-Mail Removed)> says...
> This is a copy of an exchange I had on the Office newsgroup and could be
> helpful to some here.
>

> Thanks very much DL.
> This worked and proved that the operation was successful.
> This may be useful info for others who are daunted by the size of the
> upgrade that MS wants dialup users to install (over 170 minutes) and who
> might have more than one PC to upgrade.
> Brian Tozer.

In some circumstances it will ask for your office CD and / or product
key.

According to MS there is a version that will not ask for this stuff, but
in practice it may still do this.

> "DL" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote...
> > From any Office app, help/about

> > "KiwiBrian" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
> >> I downloaded the following file and ran it:-

> > http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...client-enu.exe

> >> My understanding was that this should install all of the SP3 upgrade to
> >> my
> >> Office.
> >> It asked for my Office CD and seemed to behave as I expected.
> >> How can I check my system to see if it has been properly installed?

Steve

Patrick Dunford wrote:
> In article <cjjkdo$6qb$(E-Mail Removed)> in nz.comp on Sat, 2 Oct 2004
> 01:00:24 +1200, KiwiBrian <(E-Mail Removed)> says...
>
>>This is a copy of an exchange I had on the Office newsgroup and could be
>>helpful to some here.
>>

>>Thanks very much DL.
>>This worked and proved that the operation was successful.
>>This may be useful info for others who are daunted by the size of the
>>upgrade that MS wants dialup users to install (over 170 minutes) and who
>>might have more than one PC to upgrade.
>>Brian Tozer.

> In some circumstances it will ask for your office CD and / or product
> key.
>
> According to MS there is a version that will not ask for this stuff, but
> in practice it may still do this.

Not if you download the correct one...