Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Ingram bought Tecpac

Ingram bought Tecpac

Dave - Dave.net.nz

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=18702

GIANT US distributor Ingram Micro said it has paid $493 million in cash
to snap up Asian giant Tech Pacific.

Tech Pacific distributes in India, Singapore, Australia, New Zealand,
Hong Long, Singapore and Thailand.

Ingram said that over 25,000 dealers and 75 vendors are part of Tech
Pacific's portfolio.

Its president, Greg Spierkel, said that Ingram Micro Asia Pacific will
practically double in size because of the acquisition, and give it
leadership in several of the territories.

Crossover is not expected to be much of a problem because Tech Pacific
has a different product portfolio including a large software component.

wow...

--
Dave Hall
http://www.dave.net.nz

Rider

"Dave - Dave.net.nz" <dave@no_spam_here_please_dave.net.nz> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=18702
>
> GIANT US distributor Ingram Micro said it has paid $493 million in cash to
> snap up Asian giant Tech Pacific.
>
> Tech Pacific distributes in India, Singapore, Australia, New Zealand, Hong
> Long, Singapore and Thailand.
>
> Ingram said that over 25,000 dealers and 75 vendors are part of Tech
> Pacific's portfolio.
>
> Its president, Greg Spierkel, said that Ingram Micro Asia Pacific will
> practically double in size because of the acquisition, and give it
> leadership in several of the territories.
>
> Crossover is not expected to be much of a problem because Tech Pacific has
> a different product portfolio including a large software component.

I wonder if Ingram account holders will automatically get TechPac accounts?

Rider

AD.

On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 09:51:00 +1200, Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:

> http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=18702
>
> GIANT US distributor Ingram Micro said it has paid $493 million in cash to
> snap up Asian giant Tech Pacific.
>
> Tech Pacific distributes in India, Singapore, Australia, New Zealand, Hong
> Long, Singapore and Thailand.
>
> Ingram said that over 25,000 dealers and 75 vendors are part of Tech
> Pacific's portfolio.
>
> Its president, Greg Spierkel, said that Ingram Micro Asia Pacific will
> practically double in size because of the acquisition, and give it
> leadership in several of the territories.
>
> Crossover is not expected to be much of a problem because Tech Pacific has
> a different product portfolio including a large software component.

Does any one else around here regard Tech Pacific as having better
customer service and systems than Ingram? (just based on the NZ arms of
each one that is)

It seems a rule that the crappier companies end up owning the better
companies.

Cheers
Anton

Dave Taylor

"AD." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in newsan.2004.09.28.00.01.25.347762
@privacy.net:

> It seems a rule that the crappier companies end up owning the better
> companies.

Customer service costs money, right off the bottom line; maybe that is one
factor.
Ciao, Dave

AD.

On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 06:47:33 +0000, Dave Taylor wrote:

> "AD." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in newsan.2004.09.28.00.01.25.347762
> @privacy.net:
>
>> It seems a rule that the crappier companies end up owning the better
>> companies.
>>

> Customer service costs money, right off the bottom line; maybe that is one
> factor.

True - another factor could be that companies usually get crappier as they
get bigger, and generally only big companies can go around buying other
companies.

Another might be that if you are a crappy company you have something to
gain by buying a non crappy company, but that doesn't seem so smart the
other way around.

It seems like company crappiness is like entropy

Cheers
Anton

Dave Taylor

"AD." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news(E-Mail Removed):

> On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 06:47:33 +0000, Dave Taylor wrote:
>
>> "AD." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in newsan.2004.09.28.00.01.25.347762
>> @privacy.net:
>>
>>> It seems a rule that the crappier companies end up owning the better
>>> companies.
>>>

>> Customer service costs money, right off the bottom line; maybe that
>> is one factor.

> True - another factor could be that companies usually get crappier as
> they get bigger, and generally only big companies can go around buying
> other companies.
>
> Another might be that if you are a crappy company you have something
> to gain by buying a non crappy company, but that doesn't seem so smart
> the other way around.
>
> It seems like company crappiness is like entropy
>
> Cheers
> Anton

LOL
Ciao, Dave

I think you are all missing the point here......... the enquirer!
palllesssssssssssse, check out the home page and Im sure you will find
that brittney no name has been impregnated by aliens

JMTCW

>http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=18702
>
>GIANT US distributor Ingram Micro said it has paid $493 million in cash
>to snap up Asian giant Tech Pacific.
>
>Tech Pacific distributes in India, Singapore, Australia, New Zealand,
>Hong Long, Singapore and Thailand.
>
>Ingram said that over 25,000 dealers and 75 vendors are part of Tech
>Pacific's portfolio.
>
>Its president, Greg Spierkel, said that Ingram Micro Asia Pacific will
>practically double in size because of the acquisition, and give it
>leadership in several of the territories.
>
>Crossover is not expected to be much of a problem because Tech Pacific
>has a different product portfolio including a large software component.
>
>_________________________________________________ ______________________
>

>wow...

Ryan Jacobs

"K" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I think you are all missing the point here......... the enquirer!
> palllesssssssssssse, check out the home page and Im sure you will find
> that brittney no name has been impregnated by aliens

Ummm, you may have missed something. As a TechPac customer, I received
notification that it's true.

Dave - Dave.net.nz

K wrote:
> I think you are all missing the point here......... the enquirer!
> palllesssssssssssse, check out the home page and Im sure you will find
> that brittney no name has been impregnated by aliens

heh, its not "the national enquirer", its the inq, much like the the
reg(ister)... Mike Magee is a tech reporter from way back.