Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > T/Clear transparent proxy croaked, anybody got an open proxy handy?

T/Clear transparent proxy croaked, anybody got an open proxy handy?

James Sleeman

Looks like T/Clear's or maybe just Paradise's transparent proxy on
international port 80 traffic is somewhat dead (see "Where's Google"
thread).

Anybody got an open proxy address handy on a port other than 80, don't
fancy sitting around twiddling my thumbs while they fix it.

---
James

Karen Parker

On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 15:03:09 +1200, James Sleeman
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Looks like T/Clear's or maybe just Paradise's transparent proxy on
>international port 80 traffic is somewhat dead (see "Where's Google"
>thread).
>
>Anybody got an open proxy address handy on a port other than 80, don't
>fancy sitting around twiddling my thumbs while they fix it.
>
>---
>James

So how is it I can get to OZZ.

Wellygoggles

"Karen Parker" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 15:03:09 +1200, James Sleeman
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >Looks like T/Clear's or maybe just Paradise's transparent proxy on
> >international port 80 traffic is somewhat dead (see "Where's Google"
> >thread).
> >
> >Anybody got an open proxy address handy on a port other than 80, don't
> >fancy sitting around twiddling my thumbs while they fix it.
> >
> >---
> >James

> So how is it I can get to OZZ.

I'm marooned on a dessert island (or is that a desert island?) Paradise
cable dead as a dodo

Bret

On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 15:26:48 +1200, Karen Parker
<(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 15:03:09 +1200, James Sleeman
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Looks like T/Clear's or maybe just Paradise's transparent proxy on
>>international port 80 traffic is somewhat dead (see "Where's Google"
>>thread).
>>
>>Anybody got an open proxy address handy on a port other than 80, don't
>>fancy sitting around twiddling my thumbs while they fix it.
>>
>>---
>>James

>So how is it I can get to OZZ.

Perhaps you clicked your heels together, no sorry that's how you get
back from Oz.

James Sleeman

Karen Parker wrote:

> So how is it I can get to OZZ.

No idea, perhaps australian ip space is handled by a different proxy, or
not handled by proxy at all.

Most international sites over port 80 are still doa, while other ports
are open and functioning (listening to streamed radio, have several SSH
connections open, and using http over other ports on a few servers I
manage that do that).

---
James

Bret

On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 15:38:15 +1200, "Wellygoggles"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I'm marooned on a dessert island (or is that a desert island?)

Depends on whether you are going to eat it or not.

Wellygoggles

"Bret" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 15:38:15 +1200, "Wellygoggles"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >I'm marooned on a dessert island (or is that a desert island?)

> Depends on whether you are going to eat it or not.

Floating islands are yummy!

James Sleeman

James Sleeman wrote:
> Looks like T/Clear's or maybe just Paradise's transparent proxy on
> international port 80 traffic is somewhat dead

Seems to be breathing again now.

---
James

Patrick Dunford

In article <4G63d.4199$(E-Mail Removed)> in nz.comp on Sun, 19
Sep 2004 15:03:09 +1200, James Sleeman <(E-Mail Removed)>
says...
> Looks like T/Clear's or maybe just Paradise's transparent proxy on
> international port 80 traffic is somewhat dead (see "Where's Google"
> thread).
>
> Anybody got an open proxy address handy on a port other than 80, don't
> fancy sitting around twiddling my thumbs while they fix it.

Should be OK now but it was out earlier.

Invisible

On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 16:01:04 +1200, Patrick Dunford
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>In article <4G63d.4199$(E-Mail Removed)> in nz.comp on Sun, 19
>Sep 2004 15:03:09 +1200, James Sleeman <(E-Mail Removed)>
>says...
>> Looks like T/Clear's or maybe just Paradise's transparent proxy on
>> international port 80 traffic is somewhat dead (see "Where's Google"
>> thread).
>>
>> Anybody got an open proxy address handy on a port other than 80, don't
>> fancy sitting around twiddling my thumbs while they fix it.

>Should be OK now but it was out earlier.

I really like how they keep their users informed of these outages, not.

Transparent (redirecting) proxy with BaseHTTPServer paul koelle Python 3 01-28-2005 04:25 PM
Transparent proxy and Cisco router 831 and IOS 12.2 Mirek Cisco 1 01-18-2004 04:10 PM
www transparent proxy ? Casto Cisco 2 12-15-2003 05:54 AM
transparent www proxy - port forwarding with 3660 Enrico Gloeckner Cisco 2 11-29-2003 02:51 PM
transparent www proxy - pix port forwarding Enrico Gloeckner Cisco 1 11-09-2003 05:53 PM

Advertisments