Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > WMP Vs Winamp

WMP Vs Winamp

Jax

WMP 10 is pretty good, I like the way it integrates into the taskbar.

One thing I miss from winamp though, is the "J" shortcut to skip
directly to a song.. I can't seem to find the equivalent in WMP?

Dorado

Jax wrote:
> WMP 10 is pretty good, I like the way it integrates into the taskbar.
>
> One thing I miss from winamp though, is the "J" shortcut to skip
> directly to a song.. I can't seem to find the equivalent in WMP?

FYI the integration into the taskbar was there even in version 9.0

gj

Jax wrote:
> WMP 10 is pretty good, I like the way it integrates into the taskbar.
>
> One thing I miss from winamp though, is the "J" shortcut to skip
> directly to a song.. I can't seem to find the equivalent in WMP?

I am using Quintessential Player from Quinnware (http://quinnware.com)
due to compatibility issues with Winamp on Windows XP.

I installed it after Winamp got really screwed up in Windows XP with
more than one profile. I believe it was a recommendation from here.

I find it a good player and I can listen to Winamp streams. For those on
Paradise here is Paradise's bandwidth free stream page -
https://www.paradise.net.nz/detect/f...n/show-streams

My main beef with WMP is I hate its media library. It is too clunky, I
believe as they tried to be clever they stuffed it up. Winamps media
library is simple to use and I had no hassles until Windows XP.

My 5c worth (sorry coin not available)

GJ

Karen Parker

On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 19:12:51 +1200, gj <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Jax wrote:
>> WMP 10 is pretty good, I like the way it integrates into the taskbar.
>>
>> One thing I miss from winamp though, is the "J" shortcut to skip
>> directly to a song.. I can't seem to find the equivalent in WMP?

>I am using Quintessential Player from Quinnware (http://quinnware.com)
>due to compatibility issues with Winamp on Windows XP.
>
>I installed it after Winamp got really screwed up in Windows XP with
>more than one profile. I believe it was a recommendation from here.
>
>I find it a good player and I can listen to Winamp streams. For those on
>Paradise here is Paradise's bandwidth free stream page -
>https://www.paradise.net.nz/detect/f...n/show-streams
>
>My main beef with WMP is I hate its media library. It is too clunky, I
>believe as they tried to be clever they stuffed it up. Winamps media
>library is simple to use and I had no hassles until Windows XP.
>
>My 5c worth (sorry coin not available)
>

>GJ

Yes its a Great Player..

PseUDO

gj wrote:
SNIP
> I find it a good player and I can listen to Winamp streams. For those on
> Paradise here is Paradise's bandwidth free stream page -
> https://www.paradise.net.nz/detect/f...n/show-streams

> GJ

Only free for dialup users, ADSL customers still pay data charges.

PseUDO

Gavin

PseUDO wrote:

> gj wrote:
> SNIP
>
>> I find it a good player and I can listen to Winamp streams. For those
>> on Paradise here is Paradise's bandwidth free stream page -
>> https://www.paradise.net.nz/detect/f...n/show-streams
>>

>> GJ
>>

> Only free for dialup users, ADSL customers still pay data charges.
>
> PseUDO

Free for Paradise/Telstra Clear cable. 2Mb makes 128 or 192kb music
quite nice!!

PseUDO

Gavin wrote:
> PseUDO wrote:
>
>> gj wrote:
>> SNIP
>>
>>> I find it a good player and I can listen to Winamp streams. For those
>>> on Paradise here is Paradise's bandwidth free stream page -
>>> https://www.paradise.net.nz/detect/f...n/show-streams
>>>

>>> GJ
>>>

>> Only free for dialup users, ADSL customers still pay data charges.
>>
>> PseUDO
>>

> Free for Paradise/Telstra Clear cable. 2Mb makes 128 or 192kb music
> quite nice!!

Would be good if the remaining 98% of NZ could get cable !!

PseUDO

EMB

PseUDO wrote:

> Would be good if the remaining 98% of NZ could get cable !!

Would be a good start if everyone could get something better than dial-up.

--
EMB
change two to the number to reply