Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > AMD sponsorship of Ferrari

Reply
Thread Tools

AMD sponsorship of Ferrari

 
 
Collector-NZ
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-18-2004
AMD's sponsorship of Formula One Team Ferrari lead to the release of the
AMD powered range of notebooks.

Leads one to wonder how much sponsorship they actually pay and how much
benefit they achieve from it.

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Barry
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-18-2004
Collector-NZ wrote:

> AMD's sponsorship of Formula One Team Ferrari lead to the release of the
> AMD powered range of notebooks.
>
> Leads one to wonder how much sponsorship they actually pay and how much
> benefit they achieve from it.


Please take this crap somewhere else.

You are deliberately trying to stuff nz.comp and as computer nerds
you should really know much better.

Anyhow, your X-Trace header contains your encrypted email address
so expect to get lots of spam real soon. You have asked for it!

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
R. G. 'Stumpy' Marsh
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-18-2004
In message <(E-Mail Removed)>, Collector-NZ
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>AMD's sponsorship of Formula One Team Ferrari lead to the release of the
> AMD powered range of notebooks.
>
>Leads one to wonder how much sponsorship they actually pay and how much
>benefit they achieve from it.


Well they get advertising from it, for a start. How did the F1
connection lead to the AMD notebooks? They tout it as a "technology
partnership" rather than a simple sponsorship, so I guess it's not
unlikely that they get some real technical payback from it.

They also sponsor Ducati and the USPS cycling cheats. I can see AMD
getting something from working with Ducati too, but USPS cycling?

--
R.G. "Stumpy" Marsh.
 
Reply With Quote
 
R. G. 'Stumpy' Marsh
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-18-2004
In message <(E-Mail Removed)>, Barry
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Collector-NZ wrote:
>
>> AMD's sponsorship of Formula One Team Ferrari lead to the release of the
>> AMD powered range of notebooks.
>>
>> Leads one to wonder how much sponsorship they actually pay and how much
>> benefit they achieve from it.

>
>Please take this crap somewhere else.


Be fair, Barry. This thread is at least marginally on-topic. By
bashing his on-topic F1 threads you become as bad as he is for posting
completely off-topic threads.

--
R.G. "Stumpy" Marsh.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Bret
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-18-2004
On Sat, 18 Sep 2004 23:45:41 +1200, Barry <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Anyhow, your X-Trace header contains your encrypted email address
>so expect to get lots of spam real soon. You have asked for it!


The way you're carrying on you are the one who is asking for it.
Please note, I wont be the one giving it to you.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Collector-NZ
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-18-2004
Barry said the following on 18/09/2004 23:45:
> Collector-NZ wrote:
>
>
>>AMD's sponsorship of Formula One Team Ferrari lead to the release of the
>> AMD powered range of notebooks.
>>
>>Leads one to wonder how much sponsorship they actually pay and how much
>>benefit they achieve from it.

>
>
> Please take this crap somewhere else.
>
> You are deliberately trying to stuff nz.comp and as computer nerds
> you should really know much better.
>
> Anyhow, your X-Trace header contains your encrypted email address
> so expect to get lots of spam real soon. You have asked for it!
>

Yep you can spam my unmunged email address all you want, its there in
plain text, but expect to get Orbs blocked.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Waylon Kenning
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-18-2004
It seems like Sun, 19 Sep 2004 01:27:26 +1200 was when R. G. 'Stumpy'
Marsh <(E-Mail Removed)> said Blah blah blah...

>They also sponsor Ducati and the USPS cycling cheats. I can see AMD
>getting something from working with Ducati too, but USPS cycling?


AMD powered bicycles! With new hyperchaining! Double the chains for
twice the maximum torque! And new dual stage pipeline! As one leg
goes down, the other goes up for HALF the recovery time! Less latency
means more power for your CP... I mean Bicycle!

God bless AMD, technology for the masses.

PS - This parody could have just as easily been on Intel, I have no
beef with either.
--
Regards,
Waylon Kenning.

1st Year B.I.T. WelTec
 
Reply With Quote
 
~misfit~
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-18-2004
R. G. 'Stumpy' Marsh wrote:
> In message <(E-Mail Removed)>, Collector-NZ
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> AMD's sponsorship of Formula One Team Ferrari lead to the release of
>> the AMD powered range of notebooks.
>>
>> Leads one to wonder how much sponsorship they actually pay and how
>> much benefit they achieve from it.

>
> Well they get advertising from it, for a start. How did the F1
> connection lead to the AMD notebooks?


Didn't you know that AMD have put out a range of red Ferrari laptops Stumpy?
I think Dave was talking about getting one? They look nice, and have that
prancing horse logo on the front.
--
~misfit~


 
Reply With Quote
 
Barry
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-18-2004
~misfit~ wrote:

> R. G. 'Stumpy' Marsh wrote:
>> In message <(E-Mail Removed)>, Collector-NZ
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>> AMD's sponsorship of Formula One Team Ferrari lead to the release of
>>> the AMD powered range of notebooks.
>>>
>>> Leads one to wonder how much sponsorship they actually pay and how
>>> much benefit they achieve from it.

>>
>> Well they get advertising from it, for a start. How did the F1
>> connection lead to the AMD notebooks?

>
> Didn't you know that AMD have put out a range of red Ferrari laptops
> Stumpy? I think Dave was talking about getting one? They look nice, and
> have that prancing horse logo on the front.


I've got an AMD tee-shirt.

I also have an Olivetti team weatherproof jacket but it is a bit
faded now. Comes from the time when I was a guest of Olivetti while
with OB unit with Murray Walker etc.

Ooops I think I have nearly given my true identity away.

 
Reply With Quote
 
Barry
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-19-2004
Collector-NZ wrote:

> Barry said the following on 18/09/2004 23:45:
>> Collector-NZ wrote:
>>
>>
>>>AMD's sponsorship of Formula One Team Ferrari lead to the release of the
>>> AMD powered range of notebooks.
>>>
>>>Leads one to wonder how much sponsorship they actually pay and how much
>>>benefit they achieve from it.

>>
>>
>> Please take this crap somewhere else.
>>
>> You are deliberately trying to stuff nz.comp and as computer nerds
>> you should really know much better.
>>
>> Anyhow, your X-Trace header contains your encrypted email address
>> so expect to get lots of spam real soon. You have asked for it!
>>

> Yep you can spam my unmunged email address all you want, its there in
> plain text, but expect to get Orbs blocked.


Not my problem. You just get on a spam list and the professional
spammers do the rest.

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
AMD Technology on Ferrari Formula 1 Cars Silverstrand Front Page News 0 10-20-2006 04:11 AM
AMD's Ferrari collaboration at bit-tech.net Silverstrand Front Page News 0 01-28-2006 02:29 AM
PyCon Sponsorship Steve Holden Python 0 12-06-2005 09:19 PM
Sr. Applications Developer position in Springfield Mass--SPONSORSHIP AVAILABLE Ronella ASP .Net 1 09-30-2005 07:07 PM
Stackless needs Jobs, Sponsorship, please help! Christian Tismer Python 0 08-14-2003 12:25 AM



Advertisments