Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > VHDL > Verilog RTL and Behavioral Testbench

Verilog RTL and Behavioral Testbench

Davy

Hi all,

I am reading the book "Writing Testbench" and found my previous
testbench style is RTL.
Can I change Verilog RTL Testbench to Behavioral Testbench, is the
below code right?

//---- RTL style---
Always@(posedge clk)
If(EN)
//------------------

//----Behavioral style---
Always begin
wait(EN);
@(posedge clk);
end

Is there any other better Behavioral style?

Any suggestions will be appreciated!
Best regards,
Davy

sharp@cadence.com

This "Behavioral style" is an attempt to optimize for faster
simulation. In reality, it may end up running a lot slower, depending
on your simulator.