Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > General Computer Discussion > Software > Help me fix this - Microsoft GIF Animator

Help me fix this - Microsoft GIF Animator

04-26-2006
dont blame me for what i was brainwashed with.. But English is a weird Language dam silent letters...

Colour/Color its the same thing to me.

Boots and Bonnets? are you the queen or somthing, i call em hoods and trunks or hatchs.

Never really picked up on the Tyre/Tire one, i spell it differently everythyme!

04-27-2006
I'm referring to both Brits and Aussies here with the differences.

Some of the spellings you use (and/or Brits use) are archaic. Others are just odd, like Boot and Bonnet, there's little reason for that, they're the only ones who call them that. Whenever I see tire spelled Tyre, I keep thinking of the Norse God of war, Tyr.

04-27-2006
...either that or the Morse Code call to war, ---...---....-.-.-.-.-....-.-.-.-

04-27-2006
That doesn't translate to anything.. Well sort of, you've got OSOH something H something there.

Break it up differently and you can get osohkrkhk

But really it isn't anything. When typing Morse, put in spaces like you would when you type words, between the letters, otherwise it's like one big scrawl of nothing.

-.-- --- ..- / -.. --- / -. --- - / .-. . .- .-.. .-.. -.-- / -.- -. --- .-- / -- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. . / -.. --- / -.-- --- ..- / .- .-.. /

04-27-2006
It was a joke, and I wasn't trying to spell out anything. But thanks for the hint. I hope you didn't waste too much time trying to decode it!

04-28-2006
nah theres probably some Morse Code decoder on the net

isn't Tyr said like Teir?

Dicitionary.com has it as "tîr" i hate Dicitionary.com there popups ANNOY ME LIKE HELL!!!

04-28-2006
and you're still calling it "dicitionary"? Those popups wouldn't be a problem if you used Firefox, I thought you did.

04-28-2006
How does he get there if he spells it dicitionary? He must have it bookmarked or something.

Anyway, there may well be a morse code translator online, but I'm a HAM operator, so I know morse.