Velocity Reviews > General Computer Discussion > Software > Help me fix this - Microsoft GIF Animator

Help me fix this - Microsoft GIF Animator

bigal bigal is offline
Senior Member
bigal's Avatar
Location: Northern Virginia, USA

Ok, thanks to the Mod man, I now have Microsoft GIF Animator. I've built my first GIF file, but I can't control the cycle rate, only the number of cycles. I need some help....

(It's fixed now. Thanks guys. Oh oh. Look at that avatar....)

Last edited by bigal; 03-28-2006 at 09:31 PM..

Silverstrand Silverstrand is offline
Senior Member
Silverstrand's Avatar
Location: Wisconsin

Click on the image tab, and go to duration. Each image will have its own duration period, which will need to be set.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg msgif.JPG (35.5 KB, 3 views)

bigal bigal is offline
Senior Member
bigal's Avatar
Location: Northern Virginia, USA

Ok, I'll give that a try tomorrow. Thanks.

The Modfather The Modfather is offline
Senior Member
The Modfather's Avatar

Yep, that's the answer alrighty. I made that mistake first time I used it, my lame work-around was to insert multiples of the same image, until I saw what I was doing wrong.

bigal bigal is offline
Senior Member
bigal's Avatar
Location: Northern Virginia, USA

I was wondering what the heck that duration was doing, since changing the value wasn't doing anything that I noticed! It was only affecting the first image, and as I look at the gif while running, I see the delay in the first image. Funny I couldn't figure that out. Guess I'm an idiot after all......(open door to comments......).

unholy unholy is offline
Senior Member
Location: Australia

no harsh comments al, i am sure others made mistakes like that

The Modfather The Modfather is offline
Senior Member
The Modfather's Avatar

Yep, change the setting for each image, and remember it's in miliseconds.

unholy unholy is offline
Senior Member
Location: Australia

hmmmm, u sure its milliseconds i swear its ticks

The Modfather The Modfather is offline
Senior Member
The Modfather's Avatar

If you've got ticks it's because you were out playing in the bush, try lighting a match, blow it out and touch it to the back end of the tick right after you blow it out, he'll pull his head out to see what the hell that was about then you plick him off and squish him.

bigal bigal is offline
Senior Member
bigal's Avatar
Location: Northern Virginia, USA

Ok, I think this one works better (it's my fellow WORMS members):

Do you think I've gone overboard??? Stare deeply into my avatar....yes, that's it....

......do you see your future? .....yes....AMD....dual core......ahhhhhh...yesssss....

Last edited by bigal; 03-28-2006 at 09:25 PM..