Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Firewire doesn't work after hotfixes

Firewire doesn't work after hotfixes

Peter Giotta

My computer doesn't recognize my external Firewire HD after I just installed
the latest spate of Hotfixes from Microsoft. It would take a while to
troubleshoot (have to uninstall the hotfixes, then install them one by one
to find the culprit, rebooting each time - a lot of trouble!!!). Has anyone
run into this problem? Any quick solutions.
(Using WinXP Pro.)

Thanks.

Pete Giotta

Udit

Peter,
Could you provide more information. Like
-what HW are you using. Enough details so we can re-
create the same/similar environment.
-Which hotfix(es) causing this.
-Does he see it banged out in Device Manager? If so,
with what code?

Thanks
Udit