Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > F/S: linux.co.nz domain name, 0800 4LINUX (phone number), LINUX personalisedplate

F/S: linux.co.nz domain name, 0800 4LINUX (phone number), LINUX personalisedplate

Chris Hope

Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:

> Chris Hope wrote:
>> (of which I am the
>> webmaster)

> Can you tell your advertising/PR dept that having those ****ing ads on
> the radio twice per ad break is not good.
>
> I considered getting one a while back, but those ads make the people who
> get them out as complete dikwads, so I have moved away from getting one.
>
> heh, I guess it is reverse advertising, it turns you off the product.
>
> like for the car boat combo "k c ra" "c ra"
> What a moron...
>
> /rant.
> but seriously, they are really annoying.

I'll play the "I'm just the webmaster" card But I agree the ads can be
annoying, not that I listen to the stations they advertise on. They sell a
shitload of plates because of them though.

Bret

On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 14:21:16 +1200, "Dave - Dave.net.nz"
<dave@no_spam_here_dave.net.nz> wrote:

>Chris Hope wrote:
>> (of which I am the
>> webmaster)

>Can you tell your advertising/PR dept that having those ****ing ads on
>the radio twice per ad break is not good.
>
>I considered getting one a while back, but those ads make the people who
>get them out as complete dikwads, so I have moved away from getting one.
>
>heh, I guess it is reverse advertising, it turns you off the product.
>
>like for the car boat combo "k c ra" "c ra"
>What a moron...
>
>/rant.
>but seriously, they are really annoying.

Or the annoying Westie Ewan.

thing

Kent Smith wrote:
> Andrew Bryson wrote:
>
>>"Clark Mills" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news:414638c3$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>>>Auction closes tomorrow afternoon and interestingly BillG seems to
>>>be the top bidder.
>>>
>>>http://www.trademe.co.nz/Computers/O...n-15529388.htm

>>It is a little weird that there were lots of bids on 6 September and
>>then nothing since then...
>>

> I'd trust a user with no feedback bidding $2000+ on an auction, wouldn't
> you?
>

> -KENT

Well if he pays up....

no money, no plates....