Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > F/S: linux.co.nz domain name, 0800 4LINUX (phone number), LINUX personalisedplate

F/S: linux.co.nz domain name, 0800 4LINUX (phone number), LINUX personalisedplate

Clark Mills

Hi all.

I think this is NZ Comp related.

I'll never use these so I have decided to let them move on to a more
worthy home. (Read "someone who will actually make use of").

Auction closes tomorrow afternoon and interestingly BillG seems to be
the top bidder.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Computers/O...n-15529388.htm

Kind regards... Clark

thing

Clark Mills wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> I think this is NZ Comp related.
>
> I'll never use these so I have decided to let them move on to a more
> worthy home. (Read "someone who will actually make use of").
>
> Auction closes tomorrow afternoon and interestingly BillG seems to be
> the top bidder.
>
> http://www.trademe.co.nz/Computers/O...n-15529388.htm
>
> Kind regards... Clark

lol...

bugger cant afford $1750...

:/

oh well

Interesting that its only new users bidding....

Thing

Nik Coughin

Clark Mills wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> I think this is NZ Comp related.
>
> I'll never use these so I have decided to let them move on to a more
> worthy home. (Read "someone who will actually make use of").
>
> Auction closes tomorrow afternoon and interestingly BillG seems to be
> the top bidder.
>
> http://www.trademe.co.nz/Computers/O...n-15529388.htm
>
> Kind regards... Clark

Hi Clark, it's Lydia's friend Nik, just saying hello

Andrew Bryson

"Clark Mills" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:414638c3$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Auction closes tomorrow afternoon and interestingly BillG seems to be the
> top bidder.
>
> http://www.trademe.co.nz/Computers/O...n-15529388.htm

It is a little weird that there were lots of bids on 6 September and then
nothing since then...

Andrew

thing

Andrew Bryson wrote:
> "Clark Mills" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:414638c3$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>Auction closes tomorrow afternoon and interestingly BillG seems to be the
>>top bidder.
>>
>>http://www.trademe.co.nz/Computers/O...n-15529388.htm

> It is a little weird that there were lots of bids on 6 September and then
> nothing since then...
>
> Andrew

Probably outside most ppls pockets.

can you buy/swap "private" plates?

regards

thing

Clark Mills

thing wrote:
> can you buy/swap "private" plates?

Hi thing, sure can.

To be honest I don't know how the "Investment Plates" thing works though
but that's a different kettle of fish.

Kind regards... Clark

Kent Smith

Andrew Bryson wrote:
> "Clark Mills" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:414638c3$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Auction closes tomorrow afternoon and interestingly BillG seems to
>> be the top bidder.
>>
>> http://www.trademe.co.nz/Computers/O...n-15529388.htm

> It is a little weird that there were lots of bids on 6 September and
> then nothing since then...

I'd trust a user with no feedback bidding $2000+ on an auction, wouldn't
you?

-KENT

Chris Hope

thing wrote:

> can you buy/swap "private" plates?

You can buy/swap personalised plates but not the standard issue type ones
(ie the ones like AHR525). There are a few places they can be sold
including websites like the Personalised Plates one (of which I am the
webmaster) and magazines like auto trader. But they can be sold any which
way you want including on auction sites like TradeMe.

Chris Hope

Clark Mills wrote:

> To be honest I don't know how the "Investment Plates" thing works though
> but that's a different kettle of fish.

You're right - they're a different kettle of fish

They are a bunch of "special" plates with 1 or 2 number/letter combinations
and then some other ones with eg repeating letters and number like say
000999. They were created with a whole range of pricing values down to only
a few thousand. But like with any of these types of "investments" it's all
down to perceived value. As an example "Z" is curently listed on the
Personalised Plates site for $250k and "J" for $130k. You can tell the
investement ones on a car as they are blue instead of the standard black
(although there's now also red plates, but they don't indicate any special
investment type status; they just look cool).

Dave - Dave.net.nz

Chris Hope wrote:
> (of which I am the
> webmaster)

Can you tell your advertising/PR dept that having those ****ing ads on
the radio twice per ad break is not good.

I considered getting one a while back, but those ads make the people who
get them out as complete dikwads, so I have moved away from getting one.

heh, I guess it is reverse advertising, it turns you off the product.

like for the car boat combo "k c ra" "c ra"
What a moron...

/rant.
but seriously, they are really annoying.

--
Dave Hall
http://www.dave.net.nz