Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > (OT) F1 Oh Dear

Reply
Thread Tools

(OT) F1 Oh Dear

 
 
Collector-NZ
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-12-2004
Dam Alonso dumped it in a trap, Button just not quite fast enough,
Raikonen dropped an engine, Truli just did come to the party. All the
same you have to hand it to The Red Team, each had a problem Baro with
tyres and Schummy with a spin and they still get this sort of result, it
says a lot about the team and the drivers.
What happened to Montoya and at one stage I had visions of Sato tucking
his balls under cover and having a go at at Schummy but alas no.



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Patrick Bold
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-12-2004
An occasional off-topic post is fine. But you're making a habit of this.
Please find an appropriate newsgroup for this. Or else just email your
friends.

"Collector-NZ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Dam Alonso dumped it in a trap, Button just not quite fast enough,
> Raikonen dropped an engine, Truli just did come to the party. All the
> same you have to hand it to The Red Team, each had a problem Baro with
> tyres and Schummy with a spin and they still get this sort of result,
> it says a lot about the team and the drivers.
> What happened to Montoya and at one stage I had visions of Sato
> tucking his balls under cover and having a go at at Schummy but alas
> no.
>
>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
EMB
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-12-2004
Patrick Bold wrote:

> An occasional off-topic post is fine. But you're making a habit of this.
> Please find an appropriate newsgroup for this. Or else just email your
> friends.


With all due respect Patrick, go take a flying fsck at yourself -
there's a reasonably large band of interested bods here, the posts are
marked as off topic, and you appear to be the only person who has a
problem with it.

--
EMB
change two to number to reply
 
Reply With Quote
 
Patrick Bold
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-12-2004
"EMB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ci27rg$nhp$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Patrick Bold wrote:
>
>> An occasional off-topic post is fine. But you're making a habit of
>> this. Please find an appropriate newsgroup for this. Or else just
>> email your friends.

>
> With all due respect Patrick, go take a flying fsck at yourself -
> there's a reasonably large band of interested bods here, the posts are
> marked as off topic, and you appear to be the only person who has a
> problem with it.
>


With all due respect, EMB, this is nz.comp. Marking a an off-topic post
as off-topic is simply stating the obvious. It has no place here, no
matter how interested a handful of mates may happen to be in the subject
and no matter how many other people bother to object. Usenet happens to
one of those places places where the rule of thumb is NOT "It's all
about me". Have some respect for the medium and for your fellow users.

And btw...cussing someone out just makes you look ignorant. Try coming
up a reasonable argument for why this newsgroup should become
nz.catchall and we can discuss it.


 
Reply With Quote
 
Herb Garden
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-12-2004
Patrick Bold wrote:
> "EMB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:ci27rg$nhp$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Patrick Bold wrote:
>>
>>> An occasional off-topic post is fine. But you're making a habit of
>>> this. Please find an appropriate newsgroup for this. Or else just
>>> email your friends.

>>
>> With all due respect Patrick, go take a flying fsck at yourself -
>> there's a reasonably large band of interested bods here, the posts
>> are marked as off topic, and you appear to be the only person who
>> has a problem with it.
>>

>
> With all due respect, EMB, this is nz.comp. Marking a an off-topic
> post as off-topic is simply stating the obvious. It has no place
> here, no matter how interested a handful of mates may happen to be in
> the subject and no matter how many other people bother to object.
> Usenet happens to one of those places places where the rule of thumb
> is NOT "It's all about me". Have some respect for the medium and for
> your fellow users.
>
> And btw...cussing someone out just makes you look ignorant. Try coming
> up a reasonable argument for why this newsgroup should become
> nz.catchall and we can discuss it.


Thats what nz.tech was made for TV etc.
F1 is a TV programme
I don't mind the F1 threads here myself, and if there are a bunch of regular
posters participating in the thread its good traffic.


 
Reply With Quote
 
JohnO
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-12-2004

"Patrick Bold" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> An occasional off-topic post is fine. But you're making a habit of this.
> Please find an appropriate newsgroup for this. Or else just email your
> friends.
>
> "Collector-NZ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Dam Alonso dumped it in a trap, Button just not quite fast enough,
> > Raikonen dropped an engine, Truli just did come to the party. All the
> > same you have to hand it to The Red Team, each had a problem Baro with
> > tyres and Schummy with a spin and they still get this sort of result,
> > it says a lot about the team and the drivers.
> > What happened to Montoya and at one stage I had visions of Sato
> > tucking his balls under cover and having a go at at Schummy but alas
> > no.
> >


Get stuffed you top-posting net-nanny.


 
Reply With Quote
 
Bret
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-12-2004
On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 15:51:11 -0400, "Patrick Bold"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"EMB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:ci27rg$nhp$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Patrick Bold wrote:
>>
>>> An occasional off-topic post is fine. But you're making a habit of
>>> this. Please find an appropriate newsgroup for this. Or else just
>>> email your friends.

>>
>> With all due respect Patrick, go take a flying fsck at yourself -
>> there's a reasonably large band of interested bods here, the posts are
>> marked as off topic, and you appear to be the only person who has a
>> problem with it.
>>

>
>With all due respect, EMB, this is nz.comp. Marking a an off-topic post
>as off-topic is simply stating the obvious. It has no place here, no
>matter how interested a handful of mates may happen to be in the subject
>and no matter how many other people bother to object. Usenet happens to
>one of those places places where the rule of thumb is NOT "It's all
>about me". Have some respect for the medium and for your fellow users.
>
>And btw...cussing someone out just makes you look ignorant. Try coming
>up a reasonable argument for why this newsgroup should become
>nz.catchall and we can discuss it.
>

Just filter [OT] Patrick.
 
Reply With Quote
 
..Waylon Smithers..
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-12-2004
Patrick Bold wrote:
> An occasional off-topic post is fine. But you're making a habit of
> this. Please find an appropriate newsgroup for this. Or else just
> email your friends.


Considering the amount of crap that is posted under the guise of nz.comp
mate, what's the difference ?

What's the difference between someone typing up in nz.comp about F1 and
someone saying "stupid little boy you don't have a clue" 10 times a day ?

I'd much rather see an OT header and decide to read it than wade thru
mindless rants of a senile transvestite.


 
Reply With Quote
 
Patrick Bold
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-12-2004
"JohnO" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bq21d.1701$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> "Patrick Bold" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> An occasional off-topic post is fine. But you're making a habit of
>> this.
>> Please find an appropriate newsgroup for this. Or else just email
>> your
>> friends.
>>

....

>
> Get stuffed you top-posting net-nanny.
>


If you're posting a reminder to someone that off-topic posts don't
belong here, then you can bloody well post it wherever the heck you
want. No one needed to read the OP's opinion on F1 to get the drift of
what I was saying.


 
Reply With Quote
 
Patrick Dunford
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-12-2004
In article <ci27rg$nhp$(E-Mail Removed)> in nz.comp on Mon, 13 Sep 2004
07:28:34 +1200, EMB <(E-Mail Removed)> says...
> Patrick Bold wrote:
>
> > An occasional off-topic post is fine. But you're making a habit of this.
> > Please find an appropriate newsgroup for this. Or else just email your
> > friends.

>
> With all due respect Patrick, go take a flying fsck at yourself -
> there's a reasonably large band of interested bods here, the posts are
> marked as off topic, and you appear to be the only person who has a
> problem with it.


I'm going to object as well.

Some of the NZ groups are cluttered with large amounts of offtopic
traffic. It means a lot of time wasted sifting through all the OT
traffic.

If you post in nz.general or nz.rec you might find a wider audience who
don't all read nz.comp
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dear Canon ,Dear Panasonic,Dear Fuji... tiresia2@hotmail.it Digital Photography 1 08-15-2006 01:36 PM
OT: Dear Lord... Neil MCSE 13 01-24-2005 09:03 PM
Dear MCNGP Lost MCSE 3 05-17-2004 07:21 PM
Dear Sir . Mohammad Nowshad Sikder MCSE 5 10-10-2003 10:57 PM



Advertisments