Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > SETI BOINC

SETI BOINC

Dogg

On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 15:21:39 +1200, "~misfit~"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

<snip>

>http://www.setisynergy.com/stats/boi...php?id=7783510
>
>I just clicked your name from the team page.

Yeah that works fine but I'm talkling about the SETI Synergy stats on
their main page (when you're logged in). 7783510 doesn't work

Richard

> I just added everything up and discover it is $81.27 a month.
> I had the HomePower installed when I had tenants here and haven't
> got around to setting it back to the standard system.

Why on earth would you do that to anyone you were renting a property to?

~misfit~

Richard wrote:
>> I just added everything up and discover it is $81.27 a month.
>> I had the HomePower installed when I had tenants here and haven't
>> got around to setting it back to the standard system.

> Why on earth would you do that to anyone you were renting a property
> to?

I'm told it's so that the tenants don't shoot the gap leaving you with a
bill on the property or worse, disconnected power.
--
~misfit~

~misfit~

Dogg wrote:
> On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 15:21:39 +1200, "~misfit~"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> <snip>
>>
>> http://www.setisynergy.com/stats/boi...php?id=7783510
>>
>> I just clicked your name from the team page.

> Yeah that works fine but I'm talkling about the SETI Synergy stats on
> their main page (when you're logged in). 7783510 doesn't work

Ok, haven't been there or done that. I just went to check it nut am not
registered and frankly couldn't be bothered.
--
~misfit~

Damon Nomad

On , , Tue, 14 Sep 2004 16:41:43 +1200, Re: SETI BOINC, Richard
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> I just added everything up and discover it is $81.27 a month.
>> I had the HomePower installed when I had tenants here and haven't
>> got around to setting it back to the standard system.

>Why on earth would you do that to anyone you were renting a property to?

So I don't have to pay a reconnection fee after they have gone.
If they disappear owing money to the power company there is
always a hassle in explaining that it was tenants who did it.
This way I can put tenants in, the power is on as soon as they
charge the card up and swipe it and it doesn't cost anything
extra for them, it is $90 to get the power connected.

NOSPAM@NOSPAM.invalid.com

On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 23:28:55 +1200, steve wrote:

> Our power bill have regularly peaked at $500 in mid-winter. My eldest
> daughter just won't turn the damn heater off.

Well just take it off her!

Is it a heater in her bedroom or is it a heater in the sitting room?

When I was a lad we *never* had heaters in bedrooms.

Divine

--
"Even the most fanatical Microsoft supporter has to see that Longhorn has
become Shorthorn."

Dave - Dave.net.nz

> When I was a lad we *never* had heaters in bedrooms.

thats what blankets are for...

heh, or I guess she could get a boyfriend to keep her warm

EMB

Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:

> heh, or I guess she could get a boyfriend to keep her warm

Don't start Dave. School hols next week and my 10 year old son wants to
invite his "girlfriend" over to stay - if he reads your post over my
shoulder he'll reckon it's okay because "Dave" (his namesake) said so -
then he might even forgive you for having stolen "his" domain name.

--
EMB
change two to the number to reply

Dave - Dave.net.nz

EMB wrote:
>> heh, or I guess she could get a boyfriend to keep her warm

> Don't start Dave. School hols next week and my 10 year old son wants to
> invite his "girlfriend" over to stay - if he reads your post over my
> shoulder he'll reckon it's okay because "Dave" (his namesake) said so -

errr, ok, sorry.

I can give him "little-dave" @ mydomain if you like