Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > (OT) Ping Misfit F1 overtaking

(OT) Ping Misfit F1 overtaking

Collector-NZ

Looks like the red boys might be pushing Barrichelo this time to get him
a secure second spot in the drivers champ.
Montoya is flying doing 1.20.6's while schummy is sitting back on 1.21's
In practice 2 Schummy has been a consistent 6th fastest while Montoya
Button Alonso et al are above him.
Barichello is consistently just ahead of him, but not up the top end.

--
Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being
governed by those who are dumber.

~misfit~

Collector-NZ wrote:
> Looks like the red boys might be pushing Barrichelo this time to get
> him a secure second spot in the drivers champ.

That wouldn't surprise me although getting Michael to hold back is a
different matter. He *really* likes winning and has the chance of setting a
record this year for most wins in a season that could stand for ever. (Well,
a long time anyway)

> Montoya is flying doing 1.20.6's while schummy is sitting back on
> 1.21's In practice 2 Schummy has been a consistent 6th fastest while
> Montoya Button Alonso et al are above him.
> Barichello is consistently just ahead of him, but not up the top end.

Cool, thanks for the info. How do you get this? Internet? TV?

Cheers,
--
~misfit~

Collector-NZ

~misfit~ said the following on 11/09/2004 22:07:

> Collector-NZ wrote:
>
>>Looks like the red boys might be pushing Barrichelo this time to get
>>him a secure second spot in the drivers champ.

> That wouldn't surprise me although getting Michael to hold back is a
> different matter. He *really* likes winning and has the chance of setting a
> record this year for most wins in a season that could stand for ever. (Well,
> a long time anyway)
>

>>Montoya is flying doing 1.20.6's while schummy is sitting back on
>>1.21's In practice 2 Schummy has been a consistent 6th fastest while
>>Montoya Button Alonso et al are above him.
>>Barichello is consistently just ahead of him, but not up the top end.

> Cool, thanks for the info. How do you get this? Internet? TV?
>
> Cheers,
> --
> ~misfit~

MamaMia My own feed from the track

Practice Two final times (top

Rubens Barrichello Ferrari 1:20.555
Juan Pablo Montoya Williams-BMW 1:20.653
Jenson Button BAR-Honda 1:20.734
Fernando Alonso Renault 1:20.773
Takuma Sato BAR-Honda 1:20.805
Kimi Räikkönen McLaren-Mercedes 1:20.856
Michael Schumacher Ferrari 1:20.898
Antonio Pizzonia Williams-BMW 1:20.921

Fianl Qualifying at Midnight

--

Collector-NZ said the following on 11/09/2004 22:15:

> ~misfit~ said the following on 11/09/2004 22:07:
>
>> Collector-NZ wrote:
>>
>>> Looks like the red boys might be pushing Barrichelo this time to get
>>> him a secure second spot in the drivers champ.

>> That wouldn't surprise me although getting Michael to hold back is a
>> different matter. He *really* likes winning and has the chance of
>> setting a
>> record this year for most wins in a season that could stand for ever.
>> (Well,
>> a long time anyway)
>>

>>> Montoya is flying doing 1.20.6's while schummy is sitting back on
>>> 1.21's In practice 2 Schummy has been a consistent 6th fastest while
>>> Montoya Button Alonso et al are above him.
>>> Barichello is consistently just ahead of him, but not up the top end.

>> Cool, thanks for the info. How do you get this? Internet? TV?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> --
>> ~misfit~
>>

> MamaMia My own feed from the track
>
> Practice Two final times (top
>
> Rubens Barrichello Ferrari 1:20.555
> Juan Pablo Montoya Williams-BMW 1:20.653
> Jenson Button BAR-Honda 1:20.734
> Fernando Alonso Renault 1:20.773
> Takuma Sato BAR-Honda 1:20.805
> Kimi Räikkönen McLaren-Mercedes 1:20.856
> Michael Schumacher Ferrari 1:20.898
> Antonio Pizzonia Williams-BMW 1:20.921
>
> Fianl Qualifying at Midnight

Actually from the net, as there is live timing from all the pre race
sessions.

--
Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being
governed by those who are dumber.

EMB

Collector-NZ wrote:

> MamaMia My own feed from the track
>
> Practice Two final times (top
>
> Rubens Barrichello Ferrari 1:20.555
> Juan Pablo Montoya Williams-BMW 1:20.653
> Jenson Button BAR-Honda 1:20.734
> Fernando Alonso Renault 1:20.773
> Takuma Sato BAR-Honda 1:20.805
> Kimi Räikkönen McLaren-Mercedes 1:20.856
> Michael Schumacher Ferrari 1:20.898
> Antonio Pizzonia Williams-BMW 1:20.921

Add the next fastest time (Coulthard 1:21.056) and the top 9 cars are
separated by almost exactly half a second. Trulli in 10th fastest is
another half second slower than Coulthard so I can't really see anyone
outside the top 9 featuring in the race unless breakages start happening.

--
EMB
change two to number to reply

Old age is the outpatients department for purgatory.

-John Morton

Collector-NZ

EMB said the following on 11/09/2004 22:29:

> Collector-NZ wrote:
>
>> MamaMia My own feed from the track
>>
>> Practice Two final times (top
>> Rubens Barrichello
>> Ferrari 1:20.555 Juan Pablo Montoya
>> Williams-BMW 1:20.653 Jenson Button
>> BAR-Honda 1:20.734 Fernando Alonso
>> Renault 1:20.773 Takuma Sato
>> BAR-Honda 1:20.805 Kimi Räikkönen
>> McLaren-Mercedes 1:20.856 Michael Schumacher
>> Ferrari 1:20.898 Antonio Pizzonia
>> Williams-BMW 1:20.921

> Add the next fastest time (Coulthard 1:21.056) and the top 9 cars are
> separated by almost exactly half a second. Trulli in 10th fastest is
> another half second slower than Coulthard so I can't really see anyone
> outside the top 9 featuring in the race unless breakages start happening.

Well its only practice and they are definately trying to avoid breaking
the cars. Monza race laps are a fraction faster than this 1.19's but yes
I doubt the slow coaches will be other than an annoyance as they get lapped.
Any bet on how many laps behind Baumgartner (sp) is at the finish. If he
finishes.
What is not typical here is schummy and Barrichello, positions seem to
be reversed as it has been for all the practices.

My wishful thinking result would be Button, Raikkonen, Montoya, Sato,
Alonso,

--
Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being
governed by those who are dumber.

Ripping Silk

>>> Cool, thanks for the info. How do you get this? Internet? TV?
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> --
>>> ~misfit~

you want live timing... go to
http://www.formula1.com/
Official.

Want news & gossip ?
http://f1.racing-live.com/en/index.html

Ripping Silk

Ripping Silk wrote:

> you want live timing... go to
> http://www.formula1.com/
> Official.
>
> Want news & gossip ?
> http://f1.racing-live.com/en/index.html

pre-qualifying in 5 min.. 11pm local time

~misfit~

Collector-NZ wrote:
> EMB said the following on 11/09/2004 22:29:
>
>> Collector-NZ wrote:
>>
>>> MamaMia My own feed from the track
>>>
>>> Practice Two final times (top
>>> Rubens Barrichello
>>> Ferrari 1:20.555 Juan Pablo Montoya
>>> Williams-BMW 1:20.653 Jenson Button
>>> BAR-Honda 1:20.734 Fernando Alonso
>>> Renault 1:20.773 Takuma Sato
>>> BAR-Honda 1:20.805 Kimi Räikkönen
>>> McLaren-Mercedes 1:20.856 Michael Schumacher
>>> Ferrari 1:20.898 Antonio Pizzonia
>>> Williams-BMW 1:20.921

>> Add the next fastest time (Coulthard 1:21.056) and the top 9 cars are
>> separated by almost exactly half a second. Trulli in 10th fastest is
>> another half second slower than Coulthard so I can't really see
>> anyone outside the top 9 featuring in the race unless breakages
>> start happening.
>>

> Well its only practice and they are definately trying to avoid
> breaking
> the cars. Monza race laps are a fraction faster than this 1.19's but
> yes
> I doubt the slow coaches will be other than an annoyance as they get
> lapped. Any bet on how many laps behind Baumgartner (sp) is at the
> finish. If he finishes.
> What is not typical here is schummy and Barrichello, positions seem to
> be reversed as it has been for all the practices.
>
> My wishful thinking result would be Button, Raikkonen, Montoya, Sato,
> Alonso,

Pretty much same here actually. Five excellent drivers who all deserve to do
better. Maybe Ferrari should be banned?
--
~misfit~

Collector-NZ

~misfit~ said the following on 12/09/2004 01:32:

> Collector-NZ wrote:
>
>>EMB said the following on 11/09/2004 22:29:

>>>Add the next fastest time (Coulthard 1:21.056) and the top 9 cars are
>>>separated by almost exactly half a second. Trulli in 10th fastest is
>>>another half second slower than Coulthard so I can't really see
>>>anyone outside the top 9 featuring in the race unless breakages
>>>start happening.
>>>

>>Well its only practice and they are definately trying to avoid
>>breaking
>>the cars. Monza race laps are a fraction faster than this 1.19's but
>>yes
>>I doubt the slow coaches will be other than an annoyance as they get
>>lapped. Any bet on how many laps behind Baumgartner (sp) is at the
>>finish. If he finishes.
>>What is not typical here is schummy and Barrichello, positions seem to
>>be reversed as it has been for all the practices.
>>
>>My wishful thinking result would be Button, Raikkonen, Montoya, Sato,
>>Alonso,

> Pretty much same here actually. Five excellent drivers who all deserve to do
> better. Maybe Ferrari should be banned?
> --
> ~misfit~

I forgot to add Truli to that list

--
Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being
governed by those who are dumber.

Ping Misfit Time for F1 to overtake COMP Collector_NZ NZ Computing 16 09-10-2004 08:52 AM
Ping ~misfit~ Dogg NZ Computing 25 07-31-2004 10:41 AM
Ping ~Misfit~ Collector_NZ NZ Computing 2 07-04-2004 10:44 PM
ping ~misfit~ ~misfit~ NZ Computing 16 10-24-2003 01:31 AM
ping ~misfit~ GL NZ Computing 1 10-06-2003 09:51 PM

Advertisments