Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Xtra Jetstream uncapped speed

Xtra Jetstream uncapped speed

Richard Clarke

Hi All,

anyone here experiencing extra fast jetstream at the moment? I've noticed
that my downstream speed seems to be uncapped for the past 2 or 3 days. I'm
on a 256kbps plan (32KB/s) but have been reaching speeds > 200KB/s. Anyone
else experienced the same? Anyone know why? Not that I'm complaining of
course!

Cheers
Richard

XPD

"Richard Clarke" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsnt0d.1166$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi All,
>
> anyone here experiencing extra fast jetstream at the moment? I've noticed
> that my downstream speed seems to be uncapped for the past 2 or 3 days.

I'm
> on a 256kbps plan (32KB/s) but have been reaching speeds > 200KB/s. Anyone
> else experienced the same? Anyone know why? Not that I'm complaining of
> course!

Im not myself, but 90% of my workmates who have 256 dsl have been uncapped
for about 5 days now.
Lucky so and so's :-p

Dorado

Richard Clarke wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> anyone here experiencing extra fast jetstream at the moment? I've
> noticed that my downstream speed seems to be uncapped for the past 2
> or 3 days. I'm on a 256kbps plan (32KB/s) but have been reaching
> speeds > 200KB/s. Anyone else experienced the same? Anyone know why?
> Not that I'm complaining of course!
>
> Cheers
> Richard

I've heard the same story from friends, for about 5 days now

Mutley

"Richard Clarke" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi All,
>
>anyone here experiencing extra fast jetstream at the moment? I've noticed
>that my downstream speed seems to be uncapped for the past 2 or 3 days. I'm
>on a 256kbps plan (32KB/s) but have been reaching speeds > 200KB/s. Anyone
>else experienced the same? Anyone know why? Not that I'm complaining of
>course!
>
>Cheers
>Richard

I wish..

Ron McNulty

Nah, still 32k in Wellington (Ngaio)

"Richard Clarke" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsnt0d.1166$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi All,
>
> anyone here experiencing extra fast jetstream at the moment? I've noticed
> that my downstream speed seems to be uncapped for the past 2 or 3 days.

I'm
> on a 256kbps plan (32KB/s) but have been reaching speeds > 200KB/s. Anyone
> else experienced the same? Anyone know why? Not that I'm complaining of
> course!
>
> Cheers
> Richard

geoffm

On Sat, 11 Sep 2004 14:28:31 +1200, "Richard Clarke"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi All,
>
>anyone here experiencing extra fast jetstream at the moment? I've noticed
>that my downstream speed seems to be uncapped for the past 2 or 3 days. I'm
>on a 256kbps plan (32KB/s) but have been reaching speeds > 200KB/s. Anyone
>else experienced the same? Anyone know why? Not that I'm complaining of
>course!
>
>Cheers
>Richard

That's my speed you have got. Our Christchurch Ihug ADSL has been
really really slow and unreliable

Nigel

On Sat, 11 Sep 2004 16:41:09 +1200, XPD wrote:

> Im not myself, but 90% of my workmates who have 256 dsl have been uncapped
> for about 5 days now.
> Lucky so and so's :-p

It's back to being capped ( Bay of Islands ), I was keeping my mouth well
shut about it . Though my connection has been dropped a heap of
times in the last 48 hours, so they have been busy trying to fix something
I figure.

Nigel

Evil Bastard

Richard Clarke wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> anyone here experiencing extra fast jetstream at the moment? I've noticed
> that my downstream speed seems to be uncapped for the past 2 or 3 days. I'm
> on a 256kbps plan (32KB/s) but have been reaching speeds > 200KB/s. Anyone
> else experienced the same? Anyone know why? Not that I'm complaining of
> course!

Queue up those big ISO/MPEG/DivX downloads you've been putting off, and
enjoy it while it lasts!

--
Cheers
EB

Chris Wilkinson

Hi there,

Richard Clarke wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> anyone here experiencing extra fast jetstream at the moment? I've noticed
> that my downstream speed seems to be uncapped for the past 2 or 3 days. I'm
> on a 256kbps plan (32KB/s) but have been reaching speeds > 200KB/s. Anyone
> else experienced the same? Anyone know why? Not that I'm complaining of
> course!

Yes, but those on a capped data plan had better watch they don't overrun
their data cap whilst its so much faster...

Its all a plan you see...

--
Kind regards,

JedMeister

Whenever you get uncapped, I would keep quiet. Often the link between what
you are paying for in the billing system, and what you get on the network
can become out of synch. The only way this comes to Telecoms attention is
when some worried user calls them and the audit the connections.

This is just theory of course.