Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > MInimalist Bootup XP

MInimalist Bootup XP

Damos

When I boot up xp I end up with about 46 processes running including
firewall, antivirus etc.

If there a simple way of booting up the bare drivers such that when
I'll playing games (offline) I have as many resources free as
possible.

Using AMD 2.2 512M ram Ti4600 XP(sp1) Creative audiology 2

Damos

"It's a foreboding I have - maybe ill placed - of my children's generation
or my grandchildren's generation ... when clutching our horoscopes, our
critical faculties in steep decline, unable to distinguish between what
right and what feels good, we slide, almost without noticing, into
superstition and darkness."

Carl Sagan.

Jackson

"Damos" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> When I boot up xp I end up with about 46 processes running including
> firewall, antivirus etc.
>
> If there a simple way of booting up the bare drivers such that when
> I'll playing games (offline) I have as many resources free as
> possible.

Yep using a hardware profile.

control panel/system/hardware/hardware profile

Copy your existing profile, probably called "profile 1 (current)". Reboot
your PC, select your new profile, sign into XP, open control panel, select
administrative tools and select services. Disable whatever you dont want.

Thanks about all there is too it.

have a look at this web page

http://www.beemerworld.com/tips/servicesxp.htm

Jackson.

Karen Parker

On Mon, 06 Sep 2004 15:29:11 +1200, Damos <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>When I boot up xp I end up with about 46 processes running including
>firewall, antivirus etc.
>
>If there a simple way of booting up the bare drivers such that when
>I'll playing games (offline) I have as many resources free as
>possible.
>

>Using AMD 2.2 512M ram Ti4600 XP(sp1) Creative audiology 2
>

>Damos

Yes many site has a list of the Services that can be turned off for playing
Games..

Have a look for Games tweaks for XP..