Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > nz.comp.advocacy

nz.comp.advocacy

Peter Ingham

Is anyone interested in a CFV etc for establishing nz.comp.advocacy.

This can be a place for the endless, puerile, "my OS is better than
your OS" arguments.

With this new group, responses such as "to solve your problem,
reformat and install X" will become explicitly off-topic for nz.comp.

--
Please remove '_SpamTrap' when replying. You know why

Peter Ingham
Lower Hutt
New Zealand

wogers nemesis

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, ping_SpamTrap@
3days.co.nz says...
> Is anyone interested in a CFV etc for establishing nz.comp.advocacy.
>
> This can be a place for the endless, puerile, "my OS is better than
> your OS" arguments.
>
> With this new group, responses such as "to solve your problem,
> reformat and install X" will become explicitly off-topic for nz.comp.

I'd like to see nz.comp.woger

In some cases it might be better/easier to move to another OS though
Look just call it nz.comp.flame and be done with it.

Chris

Peter Ingham wrote:
> Is anyone interested in a CFV etc for establishing nz.comp.advocacy.
>
> This can be a place for the endless, puerile, "my OS is better than
> your OS" arguments.
>
> With this new group, responses such as "to solve your problem,
> reformat and install X" will become explicitly off-topic for nz.comp.
>

> --
> Please remove '_SpamTrap' when replying. You know why
>
> Peter Ingham
> Lower Hutt
> New Zealand

Good idea, but I doubt that it will change things, as who would want to
join a flame group, it would defeat the original purpose of the "my OS
is better than your OS" arguments.

Divine

On Sun, 05 Sep 2004 16:08:04 +1200, Peter Ingham wrote:

> Is anyone interested in a CFV etc for establishing nz.comp.advocacy.
>
> This can be a place for the endless, puerile, "my OS is better than your
> OS" arguments.
>
> With this new group, responses such as "to solve your problem, reformat
> and install X" will become explicitly off-topic for nz.comp.

Nah - there simply is not the volume/traffic to warrant dividing this NG.

Divine

--
Humphrey in the BBC comedy Yes Prime Minister: "Although your comments are
indeed clear, simple and straightforward there is some difficulty in justifiably

Gavin Tunney

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Is anyone interested in a CFV etc for establishing nz.comp.advocacy.
>
>This can be a place for the endless, puerile, "my OS is better than
>your OS" arguments.
>
>With this new group, responses such as "to solve your problem,
>reformat and install X" will become explicitly off-topic for nz.comp.

It's a nice thought Peter, but it wouldn't achieve anything. The
characters concerned already know their advocacy isn't welcome here.
It has been made very clear to them that they're blatantly abusing
this newsgroup, and they know it, but it doesn't stop them. They
wouldn't use a new group set up just for their type because they'd
have no audience there. They're on the big stage here (sic) you won't
get them moving to a NG no-one else will be interested in using.

Really everyone just needs to keep telling them to **** off, it's the
only thing they understand and it does work if people were to stop
trying to reason with them.

Gavin

Patrick Dunford

In article <(E-Mail Removed)> in nz.comp on
Sun, 05 Sep 2004 16:08:04 +1200, Peter Ingham <(E-Mail Removed)>
says...
> Is anyone interested in a CFV etc for establishing nz.comp.advocacy.
>
> This can be a place for the endless, puerile, "my OS is better than
> your OS" arguments.
>
> With this new group, responses such as "to solve your problem,
> reformat and install X" will become explicitly off-topic for nz.comp.

nz.comp/seti?

Bret

On Sun, 5 Sep 2004 18:26:39 +1200, Patrick Dunford
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>In article <(E-Mail Removed)> in nz.comp on
>Sun, 05 Sep 2004 16:08:04 +1200, Peter Ingham <(E-Mail Removed)>
>says...
>> Is anyone interested in a CFV etc for establishing nz.comp.advocacy.
>>
>> This can be a place for the endless, puerile, "my OS is better than
>> your OS" arguments.
>>
>> With this new group, responses such as "to solve your problem,
>> reformat and install X" will become explicitly off-topic for nz.comp.

>nz.comp/seti?

Who you trying to kid Patrick, the seti gang would be the major
presence here

steve

Peter Ingham wrote:

> Is anyone interested in a CFV etc for establishing nz.comp.advocacy.
>
> This can be a place for the endless, puerile, "my OS is better than
> your OS" arguments.
>
> With this new group, responses such as "to solve your problem,
> reformat and install X" will become explicitly off-topic for nz.comp.

You first.

C ya.

Dave - Dave.net.nz

Peter Ingham wrote:
> Is anyone interested in a CFV etc for establishing nz.comp.advocacy.
> This can be a place for the endless, puerile, "my OS is better than
> your OS" arguments.
> With this new group, responses such as "to solve your problem,
> reformat and install X" will become explicitly off-topic for nz.comp.

it does sound like a good answer to it.

--
Dave Hall
http://www.dave.net.nz

steve

Gavin Tunney wrote:

> It's a nice thought Peter, but it wouldn't achieve anything. The
> characters concerned already know their advocacy isn't welcome here.

If Linux is proposed as the solutoin to a stated problem, it will be a valid
solution.

This isn't nz.comp.windows.

--
"Terrorism is the war of the poor and war is the terrorism of the rich." -
Peter Ustinov