Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Windows Media Player 10 is out & downloadable

Windows Media Player 10 is out & downloadable

Nathan Mercer

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5888913/

Read about it at Microsoft here
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/

Download from
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win.../download.aspx

There's also a lot of new HD content downloadable from
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...tshowcase.aspx
too

Cheers
Nathan

--
I'm currently listening to "Deep Dish EM 2004-08-29" by "Essential
Mix" in Windows Media Player.

steve

Nathan Mercer wrote:

> http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5888913/
>
> Read about it at Microsoft here
> http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/
>
> Download from
> http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...layer/download

download.aspx

> There's also a lot of new HD content downloadable from
> http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win..._provider/film

contentshowcase.aspx
> too
>
> Cheers
> Nathan

Do you still own your PC after installing it? Or will the last vestige of
multimedia control have passed to Microsoft?

Evil Bastard

steve wrote:
> Do you still own your PC after installing it? Or will the last vestige of
> multimedia control have passed to Microsoft?

While suckers continue to exist in the population, Micro$haft will never
starve.

I built/installed MPlayer yesterday - replete with a zillion codecs for
all the proprietary lo$e-dow$ media formats.

What's 'Windows Media Player' anyway?

--
Cheers
EB

Karen Parker

On 2 Sep 2004 06:41:16 -0700, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Nathan Mercer) wrote:

>http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5888913/
>
>Read about it at Microsoft here
>http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/
>
>Download from
>http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win.../download.aspx
>
>There's also a lot of new HD content downloadable from
>http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...tshowcase.aspx
>too
>
>Cheers
>Nathan

Well from the Reviews its not worth dnloading..

Can't share files between PC.

The is NZ not the US, we do not wish to have these stupid DRM laws here.

Karen Parker

On Fri, 03 Sep 2004 09:15:27 +1200, steve <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Nathan Mercer wrote:
>
>> http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5888913/
>>
>> Read about it at Microsoft here
>> http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/
>>
>> Download from
>> http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...layer/download

>download.aspx
>>
>> There's also a lot of new HD content downloadable from
>> http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win..._provider/film

>contentshowcase.aspx
>> too
>>
>> Cheers
>> Nathan
>>

>Do you still own your PC after installing it? Or will the last vestige of
>multimedia control have passed to Microsoft?

Yes go read the reviews, not liked at all.

Max Burke

> Karen Parker scribbled:

>> Do you still own your PC after installing it? Or will the last
>> vestige of multimedia control have passed to Microsoft?

> Yes go read the reviews, not liked at all.

I think *I'LL* decide if *I* like it or not.

Downloading it now...

--
(E-Mail Removed)
Found Images

Chris Wilkinson

Hi there,

Karen wrote:
> On 2 Sep 2004 06:41:16 -0700, (E-Mail Removed) (Nathan Mercer) wrote:
>

>>http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5888913/
>>
>>Read about it at Microsoft here
>>http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/
>>
>>Download from
>>http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win.../download.aspx
>>
>>There's also a lot of new HD content downloadable from
>>http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...tshowcase.aspx

> Well from the Reviews its not worth dnloading..
>
> Can't share files between PC.

A big minus I'd think, for many folks...

> The is NZ not the US, we do not wish to have these stupid DRM laws here.

Hey Roger, install a decent Linux media player(s), with latest codecs
and you'll be able to watch/hear/feel/smell/touch *MOST* media formats
without any of the gestapo bullshit...

Just because its got DRM encryption doesn't mean its not able to be
played...

--
Kind regards,

Canterbury Horse Taxis. http://www.horsetaxis.co.nz/

"...so what really would the response be to 5000 people with guns
storming the Beehive to demand a less over-regulated NZ?..."

Martin Ramsch

Nathan Mercer wrote:
> Subject: Windows Media Player 10 is out & downloadable

Seems to be for WinXP, only.
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...me.aspx#System

Ciao,
Martin

Dave - Dave.net.nz

Max Burke wrote:
>>> Do you still own your PC after installing it? Or will the last
>>> vestige of multimedia control have passed to Microsoft?

>> Yes go read the reviews, not liked at all.

> I think *I'LL* decide if *I* like it or not.

how dare you ignore Roger's advice.

theseus

Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:

>>> Yes go read the reviews, not liked at all.

>> I think *I'LL* decide if *I* like it or not.

> how dare you ignore Roger's advice.

Oh
Another bumfight coming up.