Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Which is the better Jetstream ISP?

Which is the better Jetstream ISP?

Paul

Hi

I'm weighing up the options. Currently a paradise JetStart user and
want to change up to a Flatrate 256kb plan.

Paradise charges $20 for JetStream access.
Orcon $9.95 if you've got tolls with Telecom.
Xtra $10 if you've got tolls with Telecom.

I'm in an area not available for Jetstream resale, i.e. Christchurch,
so I can't get a cheaper rate from Paradise.

Paradise give you 6 mailboxes, 24hr helpdesk & a static IP for the
$20.

So whats the advantage of other ISPs?

Cheers
Paul

Paul

Paul wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm weighing up the options. Currently a paradise JetStart user and
> want to change up to a Flatrate 256kb plan.
>
> Paradise charges $20 for JetStream access.
> Orcon $9.95 if you've got tolls with Telecom.
> Xtra $10 if you've got tolls with Telecom.
>
> I'm in an area not available for Jetstream resale, i.e. Christchurch,
> so I can't get a cheaper rate from Paradise.
>
> Paradise give you 6 mailboxes, 24hr helpdesk & a static IP for the
> $20.
>
> So whats the advantage of other ISPs?
>
> Cheers
> Paul

Or we could just forget I asked.....

Dave - Dave.net.nz

Paul wrote:
>> So whats the advantage of other ISPs?

> Or we could just forget I asked.....

they're all practically the same.
personally, I'd go with Orcon, as they seem to be more in touch with
most things.

--
Dave Hall
http://www.dave.net.nz

Paul

Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
> Paul wrote:
>
>>> So whats the advantage of other ISPs?

>> Or we could just forget I asked.....

> they're all practically the same.
> personally, I'd go with Orcon, as they seem to be more in touch with
> most things.

Thanks Dave

Dave - Dave.net.nz

Paul wrote:

> Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:

>>> Or we could just forget I asked.....

>> they're all practically the same.
>> personally, I'd go with Orcon, as they seem to be more in touch with
>> most things.
>>

> Thanks Dave

no worries.

incidentally, they have just got a heap more customers(~10k) from
another VISP, so they may be a little busier than they usually would be
until the new CSRs are trained.

--
Dave Hall
http://www.dave.net.nz