Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > windows based port scanner

windows based port scanner

Dave - Dave.net.nz

Hi guys,
Im just doing some checking of my machine at home, and well, I don't
have a linux box handy to nmap it.

So is there a windows based util that I can do the same with?

I imagine there is, I just don't know the name, and a google for network
scanner or similar find about a squillion things, none of which seem
appropriate.

--
Dave Hall
http://www.dave.net.nz

Dave - Dave.net.nz

Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
> Im just doing some checking of my machine at home, and well, I don't
> have a linux box handy to nmap it.
> So is there a windows based util that I can do the same with?

nmap for windows... duh.

never mind, Im having one of those days.

--
Dave Hall
http://www.dave.net.nz

T-Boy

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, dave@no_spam_here_dave.net.nz
says...
> Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
> > Im just doing some checking of my machine at home, and well, I don't
> > have a linux box handy to nmap it.
> > So is there a windows based util that I can do the same with?

> nmap for windows... duh.
>
> never mind, Im having one of those days.

YOu'll need Winpcap too - which you need to install first.

--
Duncan

Dave - Dave.net.nz

T-Boy wrote:
>>>Im just doing some checking of my machine at home, and well, I don't
>>>have a linux box handy to nmap it.
>>>So is there a windows based util that I can do the same with?

>>nmap for windows... duh.
>>never mind, Im having one of those days.

> YOu'll need Winpcap too - which you need to install first.

I already had that because of another project

--
Dave Hall
http://www.dave.net.nz

Dave - Dave.net.nz

Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
>>> nmap for windows... duh.

>> YOu'll need Winpcap too - which you need to install first.

> I already had that because of another project

I can gladly report that my machine is there, but not accepting
connections, with nothing open on any port... well, I get ping response
but only because I allowed it.

--
Dave Hall
http://www.dave.net.nz

T-Boy

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, dave@no_spam_here_dave.net.nz
says...

> >> YOu'll need Winpcap too - which you need to install first.

> > I already had that because of another project

> I can gladly report that my machine is there, but not accepting
> connections, with nothing open on any port... well, I get ping response
> but only because I allowed it.

Indeed your FTP Server and web server appears totally dead

--
Duncan

Dave - Dave.net.nz

T-Boy wrote:
> Indeed your FTP Server and web server appears totally dead

they're not running... atleast they werent yesterday... and no real need
to run them.
Im on dialup at the moment, so yeah, it kinda limits what I can run
anyway. heh, I can run it, but will it be any use?

SSL is now running

--
Dave Hall
http://www.dave.net.nz