Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > SCO NZ's O'Shaughnessy Spits Dummy

SCO NZ's O'Shaughnessy Spits Dummy

Cheetah

In this article we [the NZOSS] respond to the points O'Shaughnessy makes,
and point out how SCO has consistantly refused to discuss its issues with
Linux with the NZOSS.

http://www.nzoss.org.nz/portal/modul...rticle&sid=358

thing

Cheetah wrote:
> In this article we [the NZOSS] respond to the points O'Shaughnessy makes,
> and point out how SCO has consistantly refused to discuss its issues with
> Linux with the NZOSS.
>
> http://www.nzoss.org.nz/portal/modul...rticle&sid=358

I do wonder who is going to employee this idiot when SCO goes belly up.
I cannot see to many companies myself, given these downright lies, maybe
he can become an Insurance salesman or sell real estate or something, I
guess there is always second hand cars.... He will probably be lucky in
that it will be his US bosses facing what I hope will come out of this,
not just the total defeat of SCO but legal action against its directors
both civil (class action) and criminal.

IBM's counterstrikes are somewhat remarkable, and deadly by the looks of
it, if justice is done then SCO is just so screwed in depth and breadth.
IBM is on the offensive now, I think they have been quiet and competant
in their war with SCO and that bodes well for the battle that is about
to start and the one that counts, the one in front of the judge.

regards

Thing

BTMO

"thing" <> wrote

> I do wonder who is going to employee this idiot when SCO goes belly up.

The upper echelons of the IT industry are liberally sprinkled with abject
failures. It seems that the best way to get ahead in the field is to loose a
gazillion dollars of someone elses money, utterly fail to deliver on some
huge project or make more and ever more bizarre claims about some aspect or
other of software ownership.

Failure is the path to greatness.

Cheers,

Brenton

thing

BTMO wrote:
> "thing" <> wrote
>

>>I do wonder who is going to employee this idiot when SCO goes belly up.

> The upper echelons of the IT industry are liberally sprinkled with abject
> failures. It seems that the best way to get ahead in the field is to loose a
> gazillion dollars of someone elses money, utterly fail to deliver on some
> huge project or make more and ever more bizarre claims about some aspect or
> other of software ownership.
>
> Failure is the path to greatness.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Brenton

yeah I sometimes wonder....gift of the gab......

From my observations on life, the sort of people who tend to do this
are also the ones most suseptable to it....

regards

Thing

Cheetah

thing wrote:

> Cheetah wrote:
>> In this article we [the NZOSS] respond to the points O'Shaughnessy makes,
>> and point out how SCO has consistantly refused to discuss its issues with
>> Linux with the NZOSS.
>>
>> http://www.nzoss.org.nz/portal/modul...rticle&sid=358
>>

> I do wonder who is going to employee this idiot when SCO goes belly up.

Me either, but I bet it involves asking people "if they would like fries
with that".

> IBM's counterstrikes are somewhat remarkable, and deadly by the looks of
> it, if justice is done then SCO is just so screwed in depth and breadth.
> IBM is on the offensive now, I think they have been quiet and competant
> in their war with SCO and that bodes well for the battle that is about
> to start and the one that counts, the one in front of the judge.

What will probably occur is that IBM will take SCO for millions in damages
for filing a meritless court case with no evidence. The problem is that
Darl and Co will just walk away, and the message this will send is that you
can lie and damage other peoples businesses with impunity.

What should happen after the civil case is over is a criminal case against
the Directors of SCO, and have Darl end up doing hard time. That would be a
clear message to those who want to try this kind of behaviour again.

thing

Cheetah wrote:
> thing wrote:
>

>>Cheetah wrote:
>>
>>>In this article we [the NZOSS] respond to the points O'Shaughnessy makes,
>>>and point out how SCO has consistantly refused to discuss its issues with
>>>Linux with the NZOSS.
>>>
>>>http://www.nzoss.org.nz/portal/modul...rticle&sid=358
>>>

>>I do wonder who is going to employee this idiot when SCO goes belly up.

> Me either, but I bet it involves asking people "if they would like fries
> with that".
>

>>IBM's counterstrikes are somewhat remarkable, and deadly by the looks of
>>it, if justice is done then SCO is just so screwed in depth and breadth.
>>IBM is on the offensive now, I think they have been quiet and competant
>>in their war with SCO and that bodes well for the battle that is about
>>to start and the one that counts, the one in front of the judge.

> What will probably occur is that IBM will take SCO for millions in damages
> for filing a meritless court case with no evidence. The problem is that
> Darl and Co will just walk away, and the message this will send is that you
> can lie and damage other peoples businesses with impunity.
>
> What should happen after the civil case is over is a criminal case against
> the Directors of SCO, and have Darl end up doing hard time. That would be a
> clear message to those who want to try this kind of behaviour again.

Given how big Darl's mouth has been and that the likes of even Baystar
got suckered, Im willing to bet a civil action will turn up at the very
least.

You only have to look at the meaningless class action against RH over
restating thier earnings to realise the Yanks will sue over anything.

SCO's conduct has to be a classic in these terms, given how meritless
the case is panning out to be, how much money has been lost and how much
Darl has gabbed and a SEC investigation has to be justifiable...

regards

Thing