Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > I asked before and was told it could not be done, well its Done...??

I asked before and was told it could not be done, well its Done...??

Karen Parker

Yes how to reset a Boatable hard drive to a none boot one..

Every one here stated I would have to reformat the HD to do this...Utter
*******s

Use PTedit.exe

You can dnloaded it from the PQ Magic site or use the one later version that
come with PQ Magic when you make the Rescue Floppy disks..

Its on Disk 1. ptedit.exe

This will display the Partition Table info

The Boot sector are shown with a 80 as a boot flag, just type a 00 and
save..

Here is some info regarding ptedit.exe

http://www.goodells.net/multiboot/ptedit.htm

And with out loosing any data..

E. Scrooge

"Karen Parker" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Yes how to reset a Boatable hard drive to a none boot one..

Not a problem as long as you use an outboard motor.

E. Scrooge

Steve

Karen Parker wrote:

> Yes how to reset a Boatable hard drive to a none boot one..
>
> Every one here stated I would have to reformat the HD to do this...Utter
> *******s
>

> Use PTedit.exe
>

> You can dnloaded it from the PQ Magic site or use the one later version that
> come with PQ Magic when you make the Rescue Floppy disks..
>
> Its on Disk 1. ptedit.exe
>
> This will display the Partition Table info
>
> The Boot sector are shown with a 80 as a boot flag, just type a 00 and
> save..
>
> Here is some info regarding ptedit.exe
>

> http://www.goodells.net/multiboot/ptedit.htm
>

> And with out loosing any data..

fdisk on linux'll do it in half a sec. fdisk/mbr will *propably* do it
on dos.

Steve

Dave - Dave.net.nz

Karen Parker wrote:
> Yes how to reset a Boatable hard drive to a none boot one..
> Every one here stated I would have to reformat the HD to do this...Utter
> *******s

everyone?
I never commented, or even saw the post.
when was it?

Besides, you're Rogers sister, and you hadn't posted here before a few
weeks ago

--
Dave Hall
http://www.dave.net.nz

Nicolaas Hawkins

On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 05:38:54 +1200, E. Scrooge wrote in

> "Karen Parker" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>

>> Yes how to reset a Boatable hard drive to a none boot one..

> Not a problem as long as you use an outboard motor.

Outboard motor? Surely you mean "outbored moater"?

--
Regards,
Nicolaas

AD.

On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 08:10:29 +1200, Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:

> Karen Parker wrote:
>> Yes how to reset a Boatable hard drive to a none boot one.. Every one
>> here stated I would have to reformat the HD to do this...Utter *******s

> everyone?
> I never commented, or even saw the post. when was it?
>
> Besides, you're Rogers sister, and you hadn't posted here before a few
> weeks ago

hehe

If I remember correctly, he was given about 6 ways of doing it but refused
to acknowledge any of them.

Cheers
Anton

Karen Parker

On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 10:55:24 +1200, "AD." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 08:10:29 +1200, Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
>
>> Karen Parker wrote:
>>> Yes how to reset a Boatable hard drive to a none boot one.. Every one
>>> here stated I would have to reformat the HD to do this...Utter *******s

>> everyone?
>> I never commented, or even saw the post. when was it?
>>
>> Besides, you're Rogers sister, and you hadn't posted here before a few
>> weeks ago

>hehe
>
>If I remember correctly, he was given about 6 ways of doing it but refused
>to acknowledge any of them.
>
>Cheers
>Anton

Utter Crap, all required the Drive to be reformatted..

Karen Parker

On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 10:55:24 +1200, "AD." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 08:10:29 +1200, Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
>
>> Karen Parker wrote:
>>> Yes how to reset a Boatable hard drive to a none boot one.. Every one
>>> here stated I would have to reformat the HD to do this...Utter *******s

>> everyone?
>> I never commented, or even saw the post. when was it?
>>
>> Besides, you're Rogers sister, and you hadn't posted here before a few
>> weeks ago

>hehe
>
>If I remember correctly, he was given about 6 ways of doing it but refused
>to acknowledge any of them.
>
>Cheers
>Anton

I do have all the Post's here to back up my Statement, so Why Lie..?

Don Hills

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Karen Parker <(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>I do have all the Post's here to back up my Statement, so Why Lie..?

The rest of us don't have the posts, because you have chosen not to allow
archiving by sites such as Google Groups. So it's your word against the rest
of us, and you know we don't believe most of what you say.

It's ironic that people who are too smart to engage in politics
are governed by people who are not as smart.

AD.

On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 12:40:47 +1200, Karen Parker wrote:

> Utter Crap, all required the Drive to be reformatted..

Bollox, none of the Linux based solutions eg Knoppix with cfdisk etc
required reformatting the disk either (or even installing Linux).

cfdisk can toggle the bootable flag on and off for any partition, and is
way easier and safer than manually editing your partition table.

You refused to acknowledge their validity because that would contradict
your ideological opinions about Linux.

I'm guessing that many of the Windows based solutions you were offered
probably would've worked as well.

And as Don has pointed out, your refusal to let your posts be archived is
your only flimsy defense against being frequently proven wrong.

Cheers
Anton