Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Ink cartridges & toners ~ 3rd party units

Ink cartridges & toners ~ 3rd party units

thing

I have just started purchasing non-genuine ink and toner
cartridges....$70 v $20 for a black Epson C70 cartridge decided it was
worth a shot...

So far I have had the C70 black cartridge 2 weeks and had to do 3 major
cleans to it (basically I print every Friday for Saturday's work). While
having had the printer 4 years, at most a genuine cartridge needed one
clean during its life....so I am not impressed...the black only needs
cleaning but it cleans all the other colours at the same time so its
costing me lots of expensive Epson ink from the other three...

The make is Uni-1 its a so called iso9001 company, anybody else had good
or bad results?

My experience with ISO means, "we can consistantly make crap" ie it
means nothing......biggest joke out....but that is another story....

Can anyone recommend a make of good 3rd party ink cartridges for Epson's
and HP's and good companies to buy off?

My Deskjet 1250c also needs a new colour cartridge, I would rather not
spend $65 at DSE for the tiny amount of printing it does.....but getting
another poor performing 3rd party cartridge does not appeal...

I also bought a 3rd party toner for the HP 5N, and I have used 3rd party
cartridges for years with only the odd issue. This time the drum was
scored so it printed a horizontal line every revolution....I sent it
back but had to wait a week, but the company was fine to deal with on
the phone, if a bit slow.... Still I have used them twice and both times
thier product has not impressed...

:/

regards

Thing

Karen Parker

On Sat, 21 Aug 2004 11:26:00 +1200, thing <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I have just started purchasing non-genuine ink and toner
>cartridges....$70 v $20 for a black Epson C70 cartridge decided it was
>worth a shot...
>
>So far I have had the C70 black cartridge 2 weeks and had to do 3 major
>cleans to it (basically I print every Friday for Saturday's work). While
>having had the printer 4 years, at most a genuine cartridge needed one
>clean during its life....so I am not impressed...the black only needs
>cleaning but it cleans all the other colours at the same time so its
>costing me lots of expensive Epson ink from the other three...
>
>The make is Uni-1 its a so called iso9001 company, anybody else had good
>or bad results?
>
>My experience with ISO means, "we can consistantly make crap" ie it
>means nothing......biggest joke out....but that is another story....
>
>Can anyone recommend a make of good 3rd party ink cartridges for Epson's
>and HP's and good companies to buy off?
>
>My Deskjet 1250c also needs a new colour cartridge, I would rather not
>spend $65 at DSE for the tiny amount of printing it does.....but getting
>another poor performing 3rd party cartridge does not appeal...
>
>I also bought a 3rd party toner for the HP 5N, and I have used 3rd party
>cartridges for years with only the odd issue. This time the drum was
>scored so it printed a horizontal line every revolution....I sent it
>back but had to wait a week, but the company was fine to deal with on
>the phone, if a bit slow.... Still I have used them twice and both times
>thier product has not impressed...
>
>:/
>
>regards
>
>Thing

You should ONLY USE JET TEC Tanks.

UK Made and have the Queens Award..

http://computerone.co.nz/store/customer/home.php?cat=89

Epson printers must be turned on one a week, as that puts them through a
cleaning cycle..

Plus your print head needs to be removed and cleaned, the jets get partial
clogs that can only be removed by a clean, at a far less cost, you could try
a cleaning cartridge.

EMB

thing wrote:

> My experience with ISO means, "we can consistantly make crap" ie it
> means nothing......biggest joke out....but that is another story....

ISO 900x certification means they are good at paperwork and keeping
records, it says nothing about the quality of their products except that
it's consistent (ie. always bloody awful) and documented.

--
EMB
change two to number to reply

thing

Karen wrote:
> On Sat, 21 Aug 2004 11:26:00 +1200, thing <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>I have just started purchasing non-genuine ink and toner
>>cartridges....$70 v $20 for a black Epson C70 cartridge decided it was
>>worth a shot...
>>
>>So far I have had the C70 black cartridge 2 weeks and had to do 3 major
>>cleans to it (basically I print every Friday for Saturday's work). While
>>having had the printer 4 years, at most a genuine cartridge needed one
>>clean during its life....so I am not impressed...the black only needs
>>cleaning but it cleans all the other colours at the same time so its
>>costing me lots of expensive Epson ink from the other three...
>>
>>The make is Uni-1 its a so called iso9001 company, anybody else had good
>>or bad results?
>>
>>My experience with ISO means, "we can consistantly make crap" ie it
>>means nothing......biggest joke out....but that is another story....
>>
>>Can anyone recommend a make of good 3rd party ink cartridges for Epson's
>>and HP's and good companies to buy off?
>>
>>My Deskjet 1250c also needs a new colour cartridge, I would rather not
>>spend $65 at DSE for the tiny amount of printing it does.....but getting
>>another poor performing 3rd party cartridge does not appeal...
>>
>>I also bought a 3rd party toner for the HP 5N, and I have used 3rd party
>>cartridges for years with only the odd issue. This time the drum was
>>scored so it printed a horizontal line every revolution....I sent it
>>back but had to wait a week, but the company was fine to deal with on
>>the phone, if a bit slow.... Still I have used them twice and both times
>>thier product has not impressed...
>>
>>:/
>>
>>regards
>>
>>Thing

> You should ONLY USE JET TEC Tanks.
>
> UK Made and have the Queens Award..
>
> http://computerone.co.nz/store/customer/home.php?cat=89
>
> Epson printers must be turned on one a week, as that puts them through a
> cleaning cycle..
>
> Plus your print head needs to be removed and cleaned, the jets get partial
> clogs that can only be removed by a clean, at a far less cost, you could try
> a cleaning cartridge.

This thing has a UKAS tick with a Crown emblem.....

The genuine cartridges needed no such heavy maintenance....

:/

but I might well try your suggestion, Im not buying these again...

thanks

regards

Thing

thing

EMB wrote:
> thing wrote:
>

>> My experience with ISO means, "we can consistantly make crap" ie it
>> means nothing......biggest joke out....but that is another story....

> ISO 900x certification means they are good at paperwork and keeping
> records, it says nothing about the quality of their products except that
> it's consistent (ie. always bloody awful) and documented.

lol, yeah that has been my experience, companies that have isos
creditation to me has meant they have employed accountant type admin wee
gnomes to keep lots of records instead of employing real
engineers....and often the engineers leave because they get snowed under
by excessive and stupid paper work....

At one stage a company I worked for produced a 32 page document which I
had to fill in for each project...The actual project was tiny and
consisted of 4 x A4 pages.....

regards

thing

Divine

On Sat, 21 Aug 2004 11:26:00 +1200, thing wrote:

> My Deskjet 1250c also needs a new colour cartridge, I would rather not
> spend $65 at DSE for the tiny amount of printing it does.....but getting
> another poor performing 3rd party cartridge does not appeal...

Trash your inkjets in favour of the Epson C83 - a medium priced, very high
resolution, or very fast, inkjet/officejet printer.

The proprietary cartridges are about the same price (about $20 per
cartridge including colour cartridges) as the budget brands for other
models - so much so that I have yet to see a budget brand cartridge for
the Epson C83. Also they contain heaps of ink as the C83 is designed to
print out shitloads at a time.

If you print out lots each week this printer will end up paying for itself
with the cost savings in consumables.

I bought one of them and I have been very pleased with it's performance.

It works well with Mandrake/CUPS. Windows software is also supplied.

Divine

--
43 - for those who require slightly more than the answer to life, the universe
and everything.

Karen Parker

On Sat, 21 Aug 2004 13:14:39 +1200, Divine <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Sat, 21 Aug 2004 11:26:00 +1200, thing wrote:
>
>> My Deskjet 1250c also needs a new colour cartridge, I would rather not
>> spend $65 at DSE for the tiny amount of printing it does.....but getting
>> another poor performing 3rd party cartridge does not appeal...

>Trash your inkjets in favour of the Epson C83 - a medium priced, very high
>resolution, or very fast, inkjet/officejet printer.

Yes a pit pointless when its a obsolete model..

Do some research before you post again..

Plus this firms does sell C83 Tanks that contain 30% more ink, so do some
research as you are posting fake INFO..

http://computerone.co.nz/store/custo...?cat=91&page=5

Jet Tec brand, made in UK..

>The proprietary cartridges are about the same price (about $20 per
>cartridge including colour cartridges) as the budget brands for other
>models - so much so that I have yet to see a budget brand cartridge for
>the Epson C83. Also they contain heaps of ink as the C83 is designed to
>print out shitloads at a time.
>
>If you print out lots each week this printer will end up paying for itself
>with the cost savings in consumables.
>
>I bought one of them and I have been very pleased with it's performance.
>
>It works well with Mandrake/CUPS. Windows software is also supplied.
>

>Divine

thing

Divine wrote:
> On Sat, 21 Aug 2004 11:26:00 +1200, thing wrote:
>

>>My Deskjet 1250c also needs a new colour cartridge, I would rather not
>>spend $65 at DSE for the tiny amount of printing it does.....but getting
>>another poor performing 3rd party cartridge does not appeal...

> Trash your inkjets in favour of the Epson C83 - a medium priced, very high
> resolution, or very fast, inkjet/officejet printer.
>
> The proprietary cartridges are about the same price (about $20 per
> cartridge including colour cartridges) as the budget brands for other
> models - so much so that I have yet to see a budget brand cartridge for
> the Epson C83. Also they contain heaps of ink as the C83 is designed to
> print out shitloads at a time.
>
> If you print out lots each week this printer will end up paying for itself
> with the cost savings in consumables.
>
> I bought one of them and I have been very pleased with it's performance.
>
> It works well with Mandrake/CUPS. Windows software is also supplied.
>

> Divine

I'm actually considering getting a Colour Laser printer for a xmas present.

Just need to decide on which one...

Needs Linux and Mac compatibility..

regards

Thing

Divine

On Sat, 21 Aug 2004 13:51:31 +1200, Karen Parker wrote:

>>Trash your inkjets in favour of the Epson C83 - a medium priced, very high
>>resolution, or very fast, inkjet/officejet printer.

> Yes a pit pointless when its a obsolete model..
>
> Do some research before you post again..
>

> Plus this firms does sell C83 Tanks that contain 30% more ink, so do some
> research as you are posting fake INFO..

LOL - I was posting my OPINION based on having not too long ago purchased
a C83.

Have you, Woger, purchased and been using an Epson C83? Or are you just
spouting your usual CRAP?

Divine

--
/'_/)
,/_ /

Divine

On Sat, 21 Aug 2004 14:26:53 +1200, thing wrote:

>> Trash your inkjets in favour of the Epson C83 - a medium priced, very high
>> resolution, or very fast, inkjet/officejet printer.
>>
>> The proprietary cartridges are about the same price (about $20 per
>> cartridge including colour cartridges) as the budget brands for other
>> models - so much so that I have yet to see a budget brand cartridge for
>> the Epson C83. Also they contain heaps of ink as the C83 is designed to
>> print out shitloads at a time.
>>
>> If you print out lots each week this printer will end up paying for itself
>> with the cost savings in consumables.
>>
>> I bought one of them and I have been very pleased with it's performance.
>>
>> It works well with Mandrake/CUPS. Windows software is also supplied.
>>

>> Divine
>>

> I'm actually considering getting a Colour Laser printer for a xmas present.
>
> Just need to decide on which one...
>
> Needs Linux and Mac compatibility..

Cool!

Further information about the C83...

I've printed out several very high-res A4 photographic images onto glossy
photo paper, as well as normal daily printing needs, and I've STILL got
72% of the ink in the colour cartridges and still got 35% of the ink in
the black cartridge - and they are the original cartridges that came with
the printer!

Divine