Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Jaycar

Jaycar

PseUDO

Anybody had any dealing's with Jaycar??.

I ordered some items from them on Monday, and other than an automated
email at the time i placed my order, i haven't heard anything else from
them.

Just wanted to know do they send an email to let you know that your
order is on the way etc?

PseUDO

ripping silk

PseUDO wrote:
> Anybody had any dealing's with Jaycar??.
>
> I ordered some items from them on Monday, and other than an automated
> email at the time i placed my order, i haven't heard anything else from
> them.
>
> Just wanted to know do they send an email to let you know that your
> order is on the way etc?
>
> PseUDO

I've heard good reports about them ... but there was this one time... i
went to the khyber pass shop.. and I've not ever encountered a more
disinterested, uninformed group of people before... so I don't bother
no more...

JohnO

"PseUDO" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:YjaVc.4179$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Anybody had any dealing's with Jaycar??.
>
> I ordered some items from them on Monday, and other than an automated
> email at the time i placed my order, i haven't heard anything else from
> them.
>
> Just wanted to know do they send an email to let you know that your
> order is on the way etc?
>
> PseUDO

I ordered some components from them. Most turned up but some items were on
backorder on the invoice but not on the pickslip, and one item that was not
backordered and was on the pickslip was not in the shipment. They got it all
sorted eventually.

JohnO

"JohnO" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:rRdVc.15468$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "PseUDO" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:YjaVc.4179$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Anybody had any dealing's with Jaycar??.
> >
> > I ordered some items from them on Monday, and other than an automated
> > email at the time i placed my order, i haven't heard anything else from
> > them.
> >
> > Just wanted to know do they send an email to let you know that your
> > order is on the way etc?
> >
> > PseUDO

> I ordered some components from them. Most turned up but some items were on
> backorder on the invoice but not on the pickslip, and one item that was

not
> backordered and was on the pickslip was not in the shipment. They got it

all
> sorted eventually.

Oh, and yeah, I did get an email order confirmation same day that I placed
the order.

Harry

ripping silk wrote:

> PseUDO wrote:
>> Anybody had any dealing's with Jaycar??.
>>
>> I ordered some items from them on Monday, and other than an automated
>> email at the time i placed my order, i haven't heard anything else from
>> them.
>>
>> Just wanted to know do they send an email to let you know that your
>> order is on the way etc?
>>
>> PseUDO

> I've heard good reports about them ... but there was this one time... i
> went to the khyber pass shop.. and I've not ever encountered a more
> disinterested, uninformed group of people before... so I don't bother
> no more...

That is the typical NZ attitude unfortunately.
Go into any Jaycar shop in Australia and the service is excellent.

Tim

Not quite. The guys in the shop in CHCH are good.
- Tim

"Harry" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:V8lVc.15664$(E-Mail Removed)...
> ripping silk wrote:
>
>> PseUDO wrote:
>>> Anybody had any dealing's with Jaycar??.
>>>
>>> I ordered some items from them on Monday, and other than an automated
>>> email at the time i placed my order, i haven't heard anything else from
>>> them.
>>>
>>> Just wanted to know do they send an email to let you know that your
>>> order is on the way etc?
>>>
>>> PseUDO

>> I've heard good reports about them ... but there was this one time... i
>> went to the khyber pass shop.. and I've not ever encountered a more
>> disinterested, uninformed group of people before... so I don't bother
>> no more...

> That is the typical NZ attitude unfortunately.
> Go into any Jaycar shop in Australia and the service is excellent.

Patrick Dunford

In article <cg3pfr$u8$(E-Mail Removed)> in nz.comp on Fri, 20 Aug 2004
15:00:12 +1200, ripping silk <(E-Mail Removed)> says...
> PseUDO wrote:
> > Anybody had any dealing's with Jaycar??.
> >
> > I ordered some items from them on Monday, and other than an automated
> > email at the time i placed my order, i haven't heard anything else from
> > them.
> >
> > Just wanted to know do they send an email to let you know that your
> > order is on the way etc?
> >
> > PseUDO

> I've heard good reports about them ... but there was this one time... i
> went to the khyber pass shop.. and I've not ever encountered a more
> disinterested, uninformed group of people before... so I don't bother
> no more...

They sell a better range of stuff than DSE.

Ray Colvill

Jaycar catalogue is nearly 500 pages of interesting gear.

DSE is seriously reduced to 140 pages, and is a wasted effort.

http://mail.spaminspector.com

"Patrick Dunford" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed). nz...
> In article <cg3pfr$u8$(E-Mail Removed)> in nz.comp on Fri, 20 Aug 2004
> 15:00:12 +1200, ripping silk <(E-Mail Removed)> says...
>> PseUDO wrote:
>> > Anybody had any dealing's with Jaycar??.
>> >
>> > I ordered some items from them on Monday, and other than an automated
>> > email at the time i placed my order, i haven't heard anything else from
>> > them.
>> >
>> > Just wanted to know do they send an email to let you know that your
>> > order is on the way etc?
>> >
>> > PseUDO

>> I've heard good reports about them ... but there was this one time... i
>> went to the khyber pass shop.. and I've not ever encountered a more
>> disinterested, uninformed group of people before... so I don't bother
>> no more...

> They sell a better range of stuff than DSE.

Patrick Dunford

In article <1xAWc.39$(E-Mail Removed)> in nz.comp on Tue, 24 Aug
2004 17:39:56 +1200, Ray Colvill <(E-Mail Removed)> says...
> Jaycar catalogue is nearly 500 pages of interesting gear.
>
> DSE is seriously reduced to 140 pages, and is a wasted effort.

I believe the DSE catalogue only shows a subset of their product range,
which is all listed online.

~misfit~

Patrick Dunford wrote:
> In article <1xAWc.39$(E-Mail Removed)> in nz.comp on Tue, 24
> Aug 2004 17:39:56 +1200, Ray Colvill <(E-Mail Removed)>
> says...
>> Jaycar catalogue is nearly 500 pages of interesting gear.
>>
>> DSE is seriously reduced to 140 pages, and is a wasted effort.

> I believe the DSE catalogue only shows a subset of their product
> range, which is all listed online.

I think you can also ask for a copy of their full catalogue on CD. I was
given one a while ago when I complained about their paper catalogue being
downgraded.
--
~misfit~