Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Smiley Central

Smiley Central

Woolfie

Does the 'Smilies' for use in email programmes from the above contain
Spyware or other baddies? They look cool, but I don't want to download
them if they contain crap. Many thanks for any advice.

Cheers

Collector

Woolfie said the following on 17/08/2004 16:20:
> Does the 'Smilies' for use in email programmes from the above contain
> Spyware or other baddies? They look cool, but I don't want to download
> them if they contain crap. Many thanks for any advice.
>
> Cheers

Do they ask you to accept an agreement or ask for a email address either
means trouble but so can those who dont in the form of adware etc when
youuse the product.

Dave - Dave.net.nz

Woolfie wrote:
> Does the 'Smilies' for use in email programmes from the above contain
> Spyware or other baddies? They look cool, but I don't want to download
> them if they contain crap. Many thanks for any advice.

They are web-based images, so alot of mail clients wont open/load them.

--
Dave Hall
http://www.dave.net.nz

GraB

On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 16:20:08 +1200, Woolfie <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Does the 'Smilies' for use in email programmes from the above contain
>Spyware or other baddies? They look cool, but I don't want to download
>them if they contain crap. Many thanks for any advice.
>
>Cheers

Don't know about that but my sister installed them in her new computer
and her e-mails were large, taking a while to download, also to reply
to.

Kookaburra

wrote:

>Does the 'Smilies' for use in email programmes from the above contain
>Spyware or other baddies? They look cool, but I don't want to download
>them if they contain crap. Many thanks for any advice.
>
>Cheers

http://forum.gladiator-antivirus.com...howtopic=14639

Cheers, Kooky

Gordon

On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 21:38:06 +1200, GraB wrote:

> Don't know about that but my sister installed them in her new computer
> and her e-mails were large, taking a while to download, also to reply
> to.

Good grief, ASCII does just fine for e-mails.

Smiley Xtra Working?? LadySpudz Firefox 5 05-05-2005 08:03 AM
Adding emoticon smiley Patrick Olurotimi Ige ASP .Net 2 04-12-2005 06:26 AM
Smiley Central Batts Computer Support 16 12-22-2004 11:21 PM
OT: Monday Smiley Dragon MCSE 19 10-20-2004 01:02 AM
How do I remove Smiley Central Birddog Computer Support 4 09-19-2003 12:17 AM

Advertisments