Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > now mozilla has it all

now mozilla has it all

Dave - Dave.net.nz

http://mozillanews.org/?article=57a9...a212e21f49ffa6

go visit, it's worth it.

--
Dave Hall
http://www.dave.net.nz

Evil Bastard

Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
> Re: now mozilla has it all
> http://mozillanews.org/?article=57a9...a212e21f49ffa6
> go visit, it's worth it.

Wrong - Mozilla/Firefox doesn't yet have it all.

It needs an extension which:
- introduces hundreds of remote-root exploits
- stores browsing history to secret sectors on hard disk
- disables any firewall software running on the user's machine
- supports javascript constructs to give up all cookie contents on
demand, especially credit card details
- ...

--
Cheers
EB

Dave - Dave.net.nz

Evil Bastard wrote:
>> http://mozillanews.org/?article=57a9...a212e21f49ffa6
>> go visit, it's worth it.

> Wrong - Mozilla/Firefox doesn't yet have it all.
> It needs an extension which:
> - introduces hundreds of remote-root exploits
> - stores browsing history to secret sectors on hard disk
> - disables any firewall software running on the user's machine
> - supports javascript constructs to give up all cookie contents on
> demand, especially credit card details
> - ...

ok, so it'll never be a IE, but it has all that Opera has now

--
Dave Hall
http://www.dave.net.nz

Patrick Dunford

In article <eqdUc.14078$(E-Mail Removed)> in nz.comp on Tue, 17
Aug 2004 13:44:41 +1200, Evil Bastard <(E-Mail Removed)> says...
> Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
> > Re: now mozilla has it all
> > http://mozillanews.org/?article=57a9...a212e21f49ffa6
> > go visit, it's worth it.

> Wrong - Mozilla/Firefox doesn't yet have it all.
>
> It needs an extension which:
> - introduces hundreds of remote-root exploits
> - stores browsing history to secret sectors on hard disk

IE doesn't do that.

> - disables any firewall software running on the user's machine

IE doesn't do that.

> - supports javascript constructs to give up all cookie contents on
> demand, especially credit card details

The GHOST of WOGER.

On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 13:44:41 +1200, Evil Bastard <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
> > Re: now mozilla has it all
>> http://mozillanews.org/?article=57a9...a212e21f49ffa6
>> go visit, it's worth it.

>Wrong - Mozilla/Firefox doesn't yet have it all.
>
>It needs an extension which:
>- introduces hundreds of remote-root exploits
>- stores browsing history to secret sectors on hard disk
>- disables any firewall software running on the user's machine
>- supports javascript constructs to give up all cookie contents on
> demand, especially credit card details
>- ...
>

>--
>Cheers
>EB

If it did then you could do your XP Updates and go on the MS Knowledge base,
but you can't.

Gordon

On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 13:44:41 +1200, Evil Bastard wrote:

> Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
> > Re: now mozilla has it all
>> http://mozillanews.org/?article=57a9...a212e21f49ffa6
>> go visit, it's worth it.

> Wrong - Mozilla/Firefox doesn't yet have it all.
>
> It needs an extension which:
> - introduces hundreds of remote-root exploits
> - stores browsing history to secret sectors on hard disk
> - disables any firewall software running on the user's machine
> - supports javascript constructs to give up all cookie contents on
> demand, especially credit card details
> - ...

So I trust you are in the process of writing them?

Remember folks Firefox works out of the download, but it also works the
way you want it to after a wee bit of extending.

Never thought much of plug ins, still I am a man, but the extensions of
Firefox are worth the time to read thru. Download and install times are so
short we need not consider them.