Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Recovering Lost partition

Recovering Lost partition

Kevin Cosgrove

I have removed a trial copy of Linux and cannot recover the space on the
partition that Linux created. How can I recover that space or can I
format h/d with XP or even fdisk with XP. Also can I make a boot disk
to do these actions
Thanks for help

Patrick Dunford

In article <eFTTc.13619$(E-Mail Removed)> in nz.comp on Mon, 16
Aug 2004 12:59:03 +1200, Kevin Cosgrove <(E-Mail Removed)> says...
> I have removed a trial copy of Linux and cannot recover the space on the
> partition that Linux created. How can I recover that space or can I
> format h/d with XP or even fdisk with XP. Also can I make a boot disk
> to do these actions

Basically you will need a partition manager that can recover the
partition by resizing the windows partition.

It is best to use a Windows partition tool for compatibility reasons.
Alternatively you can format the partition as FAT or NTFS.

Daver

Start at www.pcstats.com and look for this:- testdisk-5.3.win.zip or
testdisk-5.3.dos.zip
Allows you to deal to partition stuff, its saved me from an unrecognised
partition.

news:eFTTc.13619$(E-Mail Removed)...