Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Sound scheme's in XP

Sound scheme's in XP

Chris

Hi all

I have never managed to get the sound scheme in XP to stick after applying
it, it always reverts to windows default after I change something in the
theme. I tried to save a no sounds scheme with a different name but it
still reverts to windows default. Will I have to edit the windows default
to get what I want ?, I mean is that the only way to do it ? I'd like to
fix it rather than patch it up.

TIA

Patrick Dunford

In article <411fdc97$(E-Mail Removed)> in nz.comp on 16 Aug 2004
09:58:47 +1200, Chris <(E-Mail Removed)> says...
> Hi all
>
> I have never managed to get the sound scheme in XP to stick after applying
> it, it always reverts to windows default after I change something in the
> theme. I tried to save a no sounds scheme with a different name but it
> still reverts to windows default. Will I have to edit the windows default
> to get what I want ?, I mean is that the only way to do it ? I'd like to
> fix it rather than patch it up.

Are you a home user or on a corporate network logging onto a domain
server?

Dogg

On 16 Aug 2004 09:58:47 +1200, Chris <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi all
>
>I have never managed to get the sound scheme in XP to stick after applying
>it, it always reverts to windows default after I change something in the
>theme. I tried to save a no sounds scheme with a different name but it
>still reverts to windows default. Will I have to edit the windows default
>to get what I want ?, I mean is that the only way to do it ? I'd like to
>fix it rather than patch it up.
>
>TIA

Yeah..it sucks how it does that. I guess for now, make your sounds the
last thing you change.

Patrick Dunford

In article <(E-Mail Removed)> in nz.comp on 16 Aug 2004
15:25:16 +1200, Chris <(E-Mail Removed)> says...
> Patrick Dunford <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:(E-Mail Removed). nz:
>
> > In article <411fdc97$(E-Mail Removed)> in nz.comp on 16 Aug 2004
> > 09:58:47 +1200, Chris <(E-Mail Removed)> says...
> >> Hi all
> >>
> >> I have never managed to get the sound scheme in XP to stick after
> >> applying it, it always reverts to windows default after I change
> >> something in the theme. I tried to save a no sounds scheme with a
> >> different name but it still reverts to windows default. Will I have
> >> to edit the windows default to get what I want ?, I mean is that the
> >> only way to do it ? I'd like to fix it rather than patch it up.

> > Are you a home user or on a corporate network logging onto a domain
> > server?

> A home user on XP Pro

There was a funny thing that happened after SP1, it was to do with
ownership of roaming profiles and XP would not load the profile.

I'd assume it doesn't apply to people who are not on a domain.

Chris

Patrick Dunford <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed). nz:

> In article <411fdc97$(E-Mail Removed)> in nz.comp on 16 Aug 2004
> 09:58:47 +1200, Chris <(E-Mail Removed)> says...
>> Hi all
>>
>> I have never managed to get the sound scheme in XP to stick after
>> applying it, it always reverts to windows default after I change
>> something in the theme. I tried to save a no sounds scheme with a
>> different name but it still reverts to windows default. Will I have
>> to edit the windows default to get what I want ?, I mean is that the
>> only way to do it ? I'd like to fix it rather than patch it up.

> Are you a home user or on a corporate network logging onto a domain
> server?

A home user on XP Pro

Chris

Dogg <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> On 16 Aug 2004 09:58:47 +1200, Chris <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Hi all
>>
>>I have never managed to get the sound scheme in XP to stick after
>>applying it, it always reverts to windows default after I change
>>something in the theme. I tried to save a no sounds scheme with a
>>different name but it still reverts to windows default. Will I have
>>to edit the windows default to get what I want ?, I mean is that the
>>only way to do it ? I'd like to fix it rather than patch it up.
>>
>>TIA

> Yeah..it sucks how it does that. I guess for now, make your sounds the
> last thing you change.

Yeah, I do make it the last thing I change but I change things most days
as I run at 120dpi screen res and swap back to 96dpi so I can run a
couple of programs. Problem is I have a 14" LCD with 1400x1050 native
res and a 19" CRT so the best comprimise is 120 dpi.

It's just one of those things that really gets under my skin.

Was hoping I had goofed up on something and there was an easy solution.
<sic>
of course I could change to Linux and the world would be that much better
</sic>