Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > XP Boot Floppy, what a utter Joke..

XP Boot Floppy, what a utter Joke..

The GHOST of WOGER.

Been trying to print a Text file using a XP Dos boot Floppy, as both of my
Win98se Boot disks had failed.

No you can't, it been disabled from the Boot Floppy along with No CD
Support..

ie d:\type file.exe > lpt1

Come up with a error message, but works ok with the Win98se boot floppy..

Mind you, you do need a Printer that works with DOS, like most HP printers
do.

EMB

The GHOST of WOGER. wrote:

> Been trying to print a Text file using a XP Dos boot Floppy, as both of my
> Win98se Boot disks had failed.
>
> No you can't, it been disabled from the Boot Floppy along with No CD
> Support..
>

> ie d:\type file.exe > lpt1

try copy file.txt >lpt1

--
EMB
change two to number to reply

Robert

www.bootdisk.com

"The GHOST of WOGER." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Been trying to print a Text file using a XP Dos boot Floppy, as both of my
> Win98se Boot disks had failed.
>
> No you can't, it been disabled from the Boot Floppy along with No CD
> Support..
>

> ie d:\type file.exe > lpt1
>

> Come up with a error message, but works ok with the Win98se boot

floppy..

> Mind you, you do need a Printer that works with DOS, like most HP

printers
> do.

The GHOST of WOGER.

On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 20:23:13 +1200, EMB <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>The GHOST of WOGER. wrote:
>>
>> Been trying to print a Text file using a XP Dos boot Floppy, as both of my
>> Win98se Boot disks had failed.
>>
>> No you can't, it been disabled from the Boot Floppy along with No CD
>> Support..
>>

>> ie d:\type file.exe > lpt1

>try copy file.txt >lpt1

None work, tried to PRN and Cop and Print, its been disabled in the XP Boot
Floppy, some thing about none supported device.

>> Come up with a error message, but works ok with the Win98se boot floppy..
>>
>> Mind you, you do need a Printer that works with DOS, like most HP printers
>> do.

The GHOST of WOGER.

On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 20:34:14 +1200, "Robert" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>www.bootdisk.com

No a Valid Reply as WIN98se boot disks work, XP ones Don't

>"The GHOST of WOGER." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>>

>> Been trying to print a Text file using a XP Dos boot Floppy, as both of my
>> Win98se Boot disks had failed.
>>
>> No you can't, it been disabled from the Boot Floppy along with No CD
>> Support..
>>

>> ie d:\type file.exe > lpt1
>>

>> Come up with a error message, but works ok with the Win98se boot

>floppy..
>>
>> Mind you, you do need a Printer that works with DOS, like most HP

>printers
>> do.

Ron Sommer

Create a new WIN98se boot disk from the site.
--
Ron Sommer

wrote:

> >www.bootdisk.com
> >

> No a Valid Reply as WIN98se boot disks work, XP ones Don't
>

> >"The GHOST of WOGER." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
> >>

> >> Been trying to print a Text file using a XP Dos boot Floppy, as both of

my
> >> Win98se Boot disks had failed.
> >>
> >> No you can't, it been disabled from the Boot Floppy along with No CD
> >> Support..
> >>

> >> ie d:\type file.exe > lpt1
> >>

> >> Come up with a error message, but works ok with the Win98se boot

> >floppy..
> >>
> >> Mind you, you do need a Printer that works with DOS, like most HP

> >printers
> >> do.

The GHOST of WOGER.

On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 06:52:58 -0500, "Ron Sommer" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Create a new WIN98se boot disk from the site.
>--
>Ron Sommer

I do not Understand the Logic of your Reply..

Did you not read my Post..?

>"The GHOST of WOGER." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 20:34:14 +1200, "Robert" <(E-Mail Removed)>

>wrote:
>>
>> >www.bootdisk.com
>> >

>> No a Valid Reply as WIN98se boot disks work, XP ones Don't
>>

>> >"The GHOST of WOGER." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> >news:(E-Mail Removed).. .

>my

>> >floppy..

>> >printers

Gurble

On Sat, 14 Aug 2004 00:56:51 +1200, The GHOST of WOGER.
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>Create a new WIN98se boot disk from the site.
>>--
>>Ron Sommer

>I do not Understand the Logic of your Reply..
>
>Did you not read my Post..?

Um, you said you couldn't do something that was unsupported using an
XP boot disk, which was a bugger because both your 98se boot disks
were faulty.

Ron's reply of creating a new 98se boot disk seems the most logical
course of action to me, too.

Ron Sommer

Are you saying that a Win 98SE Boot disk won't print on your XP machine?
--
Ron Sommer

"The GHOST of WOGER." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 06:52:58 -0500, "Ron Sommer" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>

> >Create a new WIN98se boot disk from the site.
> >--
> >Ron Sommer

> I do not Understand the Logic of your Reply..
>
> Did you not read my Post..?
>

> >"The GHOST of WOGER." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >news:(E-Mail Removed).. .

> >> No a Valid Reply as WIN98se boot disks work, XP ones Don't

of
> >my

CD

Patrick Dunford

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> Are you saying that a Win 98SE Boot disk won't print on your XP machine?

Win98SE doesn't know about NTFS, it won't be able to access an NTFS
volume if this is required.

--
"Marriage is a lifelong covenant commitment between
a man and a woman.

This foundation provides the best possible
environment to raise our children."

See http://www.maxim.org.nz/civilunions.html

Utter newbie advice Tim.. UK VOIP 1 09-28-2006 02:06 PM
nested lists - utter newbie rahoool@gmail.com Python 2 07-01-2005 07:03 PM
Re: ABC Early Voting Poll: Why this is utter propaganda. Jasmine DVD Video 0 10-28-2004 06:55 AM
Mozilla What a utter Joke.. Gregory Parker NZ Computing 35 12-09-2003 09:39 PM

Advertisments