Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Teleocom chages thwe rulse again for 256K Jetstream and Orcon.

Teleocom chages thwe rulse again for 256K Jetstream and Orcon.

Mutlley

Seems like the monopoly never gives up in try to kill off the small
guy.

http://www.orcon.net.nz/company/press/54318/

Where the CC when you need them..??

colinco

In article Mutlley says...
> Seems like the monopoly never gives up in try to kill off the small
> guy.
>
> http://www.orcon.net.nz/company/press/54318/
>
> Where the CC when you need them..??

Did Orcon really expect any thankyou for being the only ISP to be openly
happy with Telecom's new wholesale plans.

Old saying "If you sup with the devil take a long spoon"

The Other Guy

"... and we will also honor the static IP address for users who have
already signed up from an existing promotion wherever possible."

This had better include existing customers who were not elegable for the
promotion and who were to be transferred to the new plan automatically.
It seems only advertising of this feature is not allowed, so there
should be no problem. Just give everyone a static IP and let the
newsgroup sell to users who care

The page also mentions a 10GB "average limit", which suggests that Orcon
will only be responsible for costs over and above 10GB multiplied by the
number of users. In that case, they are probably not going to incur much
additional cost (if any) from meeting any extra bandwidth costs.

The Other Guy

Mutlley wrote:

> Seems like the monopoly never gives up in try to kill off the small
> guy.
>
> http://www.orcon.net.nz/company/press/54318/
>
> Where the CC when you need them..??

Dogg

On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 08:28:46 +1200, Mutlley <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Seems like the monopoly never gives up in try to kill off the small
>guy.
>
>http://www.orcon.net.nz/company/press/54318/
>
>Where the CC when you need them..??

Eeekk..that's the most spelling mistakes I've ever seen in subject!

Dave - Dave.net.nz

Dogg wrote:
> Eeekk..that's the most spelling mistakes I've ever seen in subject!

probabkly writon im hast me thinks.

--
Dave Hall
http://www.dave.net.nz

steve

Mutlley wrote:

> Seems like the monopoly never gives up in try to kill off the small
> guy.
>
> http://www.orcon.net.nz/company/press/54318/
>
> Where the CC when you need them..??

Off buying Telecom shares...?

steve

The Other Guy wrote:

> "... and we will also honor the static IP address for users who have
> already signed up from an existing promotion wherever possible."
>
> This had better include existing customers who were not elegable for the
> promotion and who were to be transferred to the new plan automatically.
> It seems only advertising of this feature is not allowed, so there
> should be no problem. Just give everyone a static IP and let the
> newsgroup sell to users who care

I have a static IP and they best not change it.

If I can't have a static IP, then ADSL is useless for me...and I'll have to
look at satellite.

I've run my own mail server on a static IP since November 1999....and don't
plan to stop now.

Steve

Mutlley

Dogg <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 08:28:46 +1200, Mutlley <(E-Mail Removed)>
>wrote:
>
>>Seems like the monopoly never gives up in try to kill off the small
>>guy.
>>
>>http://www.orcon.net.nz/company/press/54318/
>>
>>Where the CC when you need them..??

>Eeekk..that's the most spelling mistakes I've ever seen in subject!

Got your attention though

~misfit~

Mutlley wrote:
> Seems like the monopoly never gives up in try to kill off the small
> guy.
>
> http://www.orcon.net.nz/company/press/54318/
>
> Where the CC when you need them..??

OT:

Why did Spybot resident thingy come up with three new process' asking
permission for registry changes when I looked at that page?

I denied them all but am curious,

One was "Backward links", don't remember the others.
--
~misfit~

~misfit~

The Other Guy wrote:
> "... and we will also honor the static IP address for users who have
> already signed up from an existing promotion wherever possible."

I nearly have enough money saved up to call the installer. (Another $20
needed for install cost, next week would have done it) I don't know if I
will now. I wanted a static IP.

Telescum for sure.
--
~misfit~

SUP-720-3B and 256k routes Petag Cisco 4 10-04-2007 12:28 AM
Decimal separator chages from dot(.) to comma(,) Guru Java 1 07-30-2004 08:49 AM
256k and timeouts Starkey NZ Computing 11 06-04-2004 12:03 AM
Jetstream fullspeed to 256k John B NZ Computing 4 02-13-2004 08:20 PM
256k and 320k MP3's sound distorted Computer Support 13 09-17-2003 12:26 PM

Advertisments