Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > batch file/regedit/runas help please guys.

batch file/regedit/runas help please guys.

Dave - Dave.net.nz

Basically, I want to run a .reg file as an admin.

I don't mind having to enter the password, so a simple runas would be fine.

The way I normally do it is run explorer as me, then browse to the DC
netlogon share, and merge the reg file. But being the lazy bastard that
I am, I want to make this easier for myself.

So I thought what I really need is "runas" for reg files, which I can't
really do, as "shift-right click" on a reg file doesnt do it, so I
thought command line, I could do the following

runas /user:domain\admin-user "start \\DC\netlogon\file.reg"

or similar, but well, I cant get it to work.

This is on a Win2kpro/Win2ksvr/Winxppro network.
Im trying to run this as myself(domain admin), but well, I cant get it
to work.

--
Dave Hall
http://www.dave.net.nz

wogers nemesis

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, dave@no_spam_here_dave.net.nz
says...
> Basically, I want to run a .reg file as an admin.
>
> I don't mind having to enter the password, so a simple runas would be fine.
>
> The way I normally do it is run explorer as me, then browse to the DC
> netlogon share, and merge the reg file. But being the lazy bastard that
> I am, I want to make this easier for myself.
>
> So I thought what I really need is "runas" for reg files, which I can't
> really do, as "shift-right click" on a reg file doesnt do it, so I
> thought command line, I could do the following
>
> runas /user:domain\admin-user "start \\DC\netlogon\file.reg"
>
> or similar, but well, I cant get it to work.
>

> This is on a Win2kpro/Win2ksvr/Winxppro network.
> Im trying to run this as myself(domain admin), but well, I cant get it
> to work.

Wouldn't you want to use regedit /s \\DC\netlogon\file.reg for the
last part to avoid getting prompted to add info to registry?

Dave - Dave.net.nz

wogers nemesis wrote:
> Wouldn't you want to use regedit /s \\DC\netlogon\file.reg for the
> last part to avoid getting prompted to add info to registry?

frankly I dont really care about the prompt either way, if it works, I
owe you a chocy fish.

woohoo, I owe you a chocy fish, thanks.

--
Dave Hall