Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Office XP slipstreaming

Office XP slipstreaming

Patrick Dunford

Do any of the Office XP service packs support slipstreaming onto the
existing Office XP CD image?

frederick

"Patrick Dunford" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed). nz...
> Do any of the Office XP service packs support slipstreaming onto the
> existing Office XP CD image?

Only the full admin versions.
SP3 has updates as in SP1 and SP2 - you only need SP3.
http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...llfile-enu.exe

Patrick Dunford

says...
> "Patrick Dunford" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed). nz...
> > Do any of the Office XP service packs support slipstreaming onto the
> > existing Office XP CD image?

> Only the full admin versions.
> SP3 has updates as in SP1 and SP2 - you only need SP3.
> http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...llfile-enu.exe

Ta, I have the full SP3. I assume there is some documentation somewhere
for the switches needed to merge it with the CD image, just as XP SP1 has
such a switch. There is a slipstreaming procedure for XP on the
www.theeldergeek.com website.

frederick

"Patrick Dunford" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed). nz...
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,

(E-Mail Removed)
> says...
> > "Patrick Dunford" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed). nz...
> > > Do any of the Office XP service packs support slipstreaming onto

the
> > > existing Office XP CD image?

> > Only the full admin versions.
> > SP3 has updates as in SP1 and SP2 - you only need SP3.

http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...llfile-enu.exe

> Ta, I have the full SP3. I assume there is some documentation

somewhere
> for the switches needed to merge it with the CD image, just as XP SP1

has
> such a switch. There is a slipstreaming procedure for XP on the
> www.theeldergeek.com website.

Google was very quick to provide:
http://www.petri.co.il/office_xp_sp_slipstreaming.htm