Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Orcon News and Email servers

Orcon News and Email servers

Brendan

Lately I have been having trouble with Orcon's news server. It's a funny
one: articles only a few lines long go through, longer ones get 'connection
reset by peer' or 'read timeout' errors. The same thing is sometimes true
of the email server.

ĦE Problem exists with Dialog and Xnews.
ĦE Problem does not seem to exist with outlook express.

--

.... Brendan

"There's nothing like desire to prevent the things one says from having any resemblance to the things in one's mind." -- Marcel Proust

Note: All my comments are copyright 3/08/2004 10:46:02 p.m. and are opinion only where not otherwise stated and always "to the best of my recollection". www.computerman.orcon.net.nz.

Ryan Jacobs

"Brendan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:1xqrfanhdrian$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Lately I have been having trouble with Orcon's news server. It's a funny
> one: articles only a few lines long go through, longer ones get

'connection
> reset by peer' or 'read timeout' errors. The same thing is sometimes true
> of the email server.
>
> ĦE Problem exists with Dialog and Xnews.
> ĦE Problem does not seem to exist with outlook express.

My first reaction would be that maybe it's a PEBKAC error. Then I checked
out your naff site (where all the links point to the same place, lol), and
then I was convinced - it IS a PEBKAC error.

Ummm, Mr "Computerman" - it's time for a reformat!

RJ out. (although,I nearly ****ed myself LMFAO).

Brendan

On Tue, 3 Aug 2004 23:10:41 +1200, Ryan Jacobs wrote:

**** off woger.

Ryan Jacobs

"Brendan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:15psbgyi5kkx0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Tue, 3 Aug 2004 23:10:41 +1200, Ryan Jacobs wrote:
>
> **** off woger.

LOL !!!

I am far too articulate to be woger.

I reiterate - you're having problems because you suffer from ID: TEN-T
disease.

RJ out.

Dave - Dave.net.nz

Brendan wrote:
> On Tue, 3 Aug 2004 23:10:41 +1200, Ryan Jacobs wrote:
>
> **** off woger.

Ryan Jacobs is not Woger... you can tell because he spells correctly.

--
Dave Hall
http://www.dave.net.nz

~misfit~

Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
> Brendan wrote:
>> On Tue, 3 Aug 2004 23:10:41 +1200, Ryan Jacobs wrote:
>>
>> **** off woger.

> Ryan Jacobs is not Woger... you can tell because he spells correctly.

No other reasons?
--
~misfit~

Dave - Dave.net.nz

~misfit~ wrote:
>>>**** off woger.

>>Ryan Jacobs is not Woger... you can tell because he spells correctly.

> No other reasons?

It is all I can think of at the moment... the mind is stretched a tad.

--
Dave Hall
http://www.dave.net.nz

Brendan

On Wed, 04 Aug 2004 08:23:36 +1200, Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:

> Ryan Jacobs is not Woger... you can tell because he spells correctly.

Na, it's Woger for sure: the complete lack of intelligence and unprovoked
attacks prove it. He just found his glasses is all.

--

.... Brendan

"There is a difference between art and life and that difference is readability." -- Marian Engel

Note: All my comments are copyright 4/08/2004 12:41:42 p.m. and are opinion only where not otherwise stated and always "to the best of my recollection". www.computerman.orcon.net.nz.

Brendan

On Tue, 3 Aug 2004 23:39:25 +1200, Ryan Jacobs wrote:

> I am far too articulate to be woger.

Woger is always claiming to be articulate.

--

.... Brendan

"Talents are best nurtured in solitude; character is best formed in the stormy billows of the world." -- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Note: All my comments are copyright 4/08/2004 12:45:23 p.m. and are opinion only where not otherwise stated and always "to the best of my recollection". www.computerman.orcon.net.nz.

Damon Nomad

On , , Wed, 4 Aug 2004 12:44:49 +1200, Re: Orcon News and Email
servers, Brendan <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Wed, 04 Aug 2004 08:23:36 +1200, Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
>
>> Ryan Jacobs is not Woger... you can tell because he spells correctly.

>Na, it's Woger for sure: the complete lack of intelligence and unprovoked
>attacks prove it. He just found his glasses is all.

And he learned to use a spellchecker. We were always worried
about that.