Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Doom 3 Online Activation?

Doom 3 Online Activation?

Daniel

Hi,

Has anyone installed Doom 3 (legit version) ?

We've just recently received Doom 3, and are interested to see how it plays.
We plan on installing it at lunch time, however, we're wondering if it requires
online activation.

TIA.

Daniel

In case your wondering, we don't want to activate it against the PC
we're going to "demo" with. That privilege belongs to the guy who
actually bought it.

Daniel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Has anyone installed Doom 3 (legit version) ?
>
> We've just recently received Doom 3, and are interested to see how it
> plays.
> We plan on installing it at lunch time, however, we're wondering if it
> requires
> online activation.
>
> TIA.

thing

Daniel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Has anyone installed Doom 3 (legit version) ?
>
> We've just recently received Doom 3, and are interested to see how it
> plays.
> We plan on installing it at lunch time, however, we're wondering if it
> requires
> online activation.
>
> TIA.

would be a bit of a bummer if so, it assumes everybody has an Internet
connection....

regards

Thing

Gurble

On Tue, 03 Aug 2004 16:41:32 +1200, thing <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Daniel wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Has anyone installed Doom 3 (legit version) ?
>>
>> We've just recently received Doom 3, and are interested to see how it
>> plays.
>> We plan on installing it at lunch time, however, we're wondering if it
>> requires
>> online activation.
>>
>> TIA.
>>

>would be a bit of a bummer if so, it assumes everybody has an Internet
>connection....

But everyone (that has Doom3, anyway) DOES have an internet
connection...

And all forms of activation normally have a phone backup.

Daniel

Daniel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Has anyone installed Doom 3 (legit version) ?
>
> We've just recently received Doom 3, and are interested to see how it
> plays.
> We plan on installing it at lunch time, however, we're wondering if it
> requires
> online activation.
>
> TIA.

Sorry, should've posted this after we installed it.

There is _no_ online activation for single player.