Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > NVidia TV out

NVidia TV out

Steve Robertson

Im having trouble with TV out with my NVidia 5900
When I plug in the SVideo & enable TV out the monitor
goes blank & gives the error "out of range, h:172KHz, V:179
I cant change the resoultion/refresh bach because I cant get the display
& the display on the TV wont let me into the display options

I want TVOUT & PC monitor at the same time (via dual display??), at least
during setup.
Any ideas??

Steve Robertson

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Steve Robertson) wrote:
>Im having trouble with TV out with my NVidia 5900
>When I plug in the SVideo & enable TV out the monitor
>goes blank & gives the error "out of range, h:172KHz, V:179
>I cant change the resoultion/refresh bach because I cant get the display
>& the display on the TV wont let me into the display options
>
>I want TVOUT & PC monitor at the same time (via dual display??), at least
>during setup.
>Any ideas??

More info. Win98 with latest drivers. Card is dualhead.
Ive just tried using 2 monitors. It seems NVidia drivers thinks its OK to set
a refresh rate at 170, and will do this without the usual 15sec test when
trying to setup the 2 monitors & change resolution. This is the problem.
Ive tried TVTool & Powerstrip, same issue.
Anyone know a fix for this??

The GHOST of WOGER.

On Mon, 02 Aug 2004 06:51:12 GMT, (E-Mail Removed) (Steve Robertson) wrote:

>Im having trouble with TV out with my NVidia 5900
>When I plug in the SVideo & enable TV out the monitor
>goes blank & gives the error "out of range, h:172KHz, V:179
>I cant change the resoultion/refresh bach because I cant get the display
>& the display on the TV wont let me into the display options
>
>I want TVOUT & PC monitor at the same time (via dual display??), at least
>during setup.
>Any ideas??

If you can't use TVtool then you are stuffed, you have to set you monitor to
a TV Res mode..