Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Direct X 9.0c is out

Direct X 9.0c is out

Dogg

The redistributable version

Invisible

On Mon, 02 Aug 2004 09:16:49 +1200, Dogg <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>The redistributable version
>
>http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

Wait for Woger to give it the CRAP(tm) mark!

Dave - Dave.net.nz

Dogg wrote:
> The redistributable version

wow, you never realise how far "ahead of the pack" you are until someone
posts it.
I grabed it last week sometime.

--
Dave Hall
http://www.dave.net.nz

cowboyz

Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
> Dogg wrote:
>> The redistributable version

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...611-62FE-4F61-
ABA1-914185249413&displaylang=en

> wow, you never realise how far "ahead of the pack" you are until
> someone posts it.
> I grabed it last week sometime.

Did you notice any difference?

Dave - Dave.net.nz

cowboyz wrote:
>>wow, you never realise how far "ahead of the pack" you are until
>>someone posts it.
>>I grabed it last week sometime.

> Did you notice any difference?

nope... oh, ummm yeah kinda.
I hadn't attributed it to that, but it might be.

I had the occasional slow down in FPS in NFSU if I happened to hit a
small pole(like a bus stop sign), and that has since stopped, so, um,
yeah, I guess it may have fixed that.
I have also changed the cooling in my machine, so it may be that my
video card(mildly overclocked) is now better cooled too.

--
Dave Hall
http://www.dave.net.nz

paora

On Mon, 02 Aug 2004 13:37:56 +1200, "Dave - Dave.net.nz"
<dave@no_spam_here_dave.net.nz> wrote:

>cowboyz wrote:
>>>wow, you never realise how far "ahead of the pack" you are until
>>>someone posts it.
>>>I grabed it last week sometime.

>> Did you notice any difference?

>nope... oh, ummm yeah kinda.
>I hadn't attributed it to that, but it might be.
>
>I had the occasional slow down in FPS in NFSU if I happened to hit a
>small pole(like a bus stop sign), and that has since stopped, so, um,
>yeah, I guess it may have fixed that.
>I have also changed the cooling in my machine, so it may be that my
>video card(mildly overclocked) is now better cooled too.
>
>--

I guess I'll wait till I come across a software that demands that I
install Microsoft's latest bloated piece of crap.

The last directx I dloaded was really annoying - the choice was to use
the auto-intaller of 15meg approx or to dload a 30meg version for
programmers ( or whatever). When you need it for more than one machine
or you mess up and have to re-install windows - the auto-install
version needs to be dloaded again - I gave up and dloaded the latter
in the end. 60 odd meg I dloaed just to get a programme working which
I'm not sure whether or not I'm still using.
Waste of ****ing time.

" Politicians and Diapers should be changed with regularity, and for the same reasons. "

Dogg

On Mon, 02 Aug 2004 10:53:30 +1200, "Dave - Dave.net.nz"
<dave@no_spam_here_dave.net.nz> wrote:

>Dogg wrote:
>> The redistributable version

>wow, you never realise how far "ahead of the pack" you are until someone
>posts it.
>I grabed it last week sometime.

Hey! You could have let the rest of us know!

Dave - Dave.net.nz

Dogg wrote:

> On Mon, 02 Aug 2004 10:53:30 +1200, "Dave - Dave.net.nz"
> <dave@no_spam_here_dave.net.nz> wrote:
>

>>Dogg wrote:
>>
>>>The redistributable version
>>>http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

>>wow, you never realise how far "ahead of the pack" you are until someone
>>posts it.
>>I grabed it last week sometime.

> Hey! You could have let the rest of us know!

I didnt think it was news worthy.

I mean if we all started posting about any minor update of software,
then this place would get pretty crowded...

"oh yeah, version 1.27.80.aac of xGame came out.
The updated the help menu, now it has the chicks married name."

Rock on the update posts.

--
Dave Hall
http://www.dave.net.nz

Dogg

On Mon, 02 Aug 2004 16:17:39 +1200, "Dave - Dave.net.nz"
<dave@no_spam_here_dave.net.nz> wrote:

>Dogg wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 02 Aug 2004 10:53:30 +1200, "Dave - Dave.net.nz"
>> <dave@no_spam_here_dave.net.nz> wrote:

>>>wow, you never realise how far "ahead of the pack" you are until someone
>>>posts it.
>>>I grabed it last week sometime.

>> Hey! You could have let the rest of us know!

>I didnt think it was news worthy.
>
>I mean if we all started posting about any minor update of software,
>then this place would get pretty crowded...
>
>"oh yeah, version 1.27.80.aac of xGame came out.
>The updated the help menu, now it has the chicks married name."
>
>Rock on the update posts.

My winking smiley face didn't work

Direct instantiation and configuration Rick Jackson VHDL 8 12-02-2005 01:32 PM
Most direct way to strip unoprintable characters out of a string? Steve Bergman Python 6 09-26-2005 12:52 PM
Is there a good re-direct killer? B. Peg Firefox 0 06-25-2005 02:50 PM
Direct Render cameron Firefox 4 02-01-2005 08:07 PM
direct instantiation, libraries valentin tihomirov VHDL 6 04-26-2004 12:03 PM

Advertisments