Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Asus A7V-VE Motherboard

Asus A7V-VE Motherboard

Matthew Strickland

Hi all,

Ive got a Asus "A7V-VE" motherboard in a 'PC company' PC that im looking for
fresh/new drivers (crashing issues due to current drivers)
I cant find the motherboard on
http://www.asus.com.tw/support/downl...item=Socket370
The motherboard ID is 10/14/2002-KLE133-A7V-VE

It has a VIA chipset (VT82C686B)

Is anyone familar with Asus boards? Im a gigabyte fan myself and have never
had problems looking for model numbers. I just cant find much info
(asus/google) on this motherboard.

Cheers,

Matt

Rider

news:MefOc.6872$(E-Mail Removed)...

http://www.asus.com.tw/support/downl...act&item=Socke
t370
> The motherboard ID is 10/14/2002-KLE133-A7V-VE
>
> It has a VIA chipset (VT82C686B)
>
> Is anyone familar with Asus boards? Im a gigabyte fan myself and have

never
> had problems looking for model numbers. I just cant find much info
> (asus/google) on this motherboard.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Matt

http://usa.asus.com/prog/spec.asp?m=A7V-E&langs=09

Patrick Dunford

In article <MefOc.6872$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> Hi all,
>
> Ive got a Asus "A7V-VE" motherboard in a 'PC company' PC that im looking for
> fresh/new drivers (crashing issues due to current drivers)
> I cant find the motherboard on
> http://www.asus.com.tw/support/downl...item=Socket370
> The motherboard ID is 10/14/2002-KLE133-A7V-VE

Socket 370? You must be joking!

Paradox

Matthew Strickland wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Ive got a Asus "A7V-VE" motherboard in a 'PC company' PC that im
> looking for fresh/new drivers (crashing issues due to current drivers)
> I cant find the motherboard on

http://www.asus.com.tw/support/downl...item=Socket370
> The motherboard ID is 10/14/2002-KLE133-A7V-VE
>
> It has a VIA chipset (VT82C686B)

I've used a few Asus boards with VIA chips and usually it's better to use
the VIA drivers than the ones Asus provides (or not). The VIA 4in1 (now
Hyperion I think) drivers used to be retro-compatible with any previous VIA
chip ie you just downloaded the latest 4in1 and it worked fine.

Check out Via Arena
http://www.viaarena.com/?PageID=1

Rob

Patrick Bold

"Patrick Dunford" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed). nz...

> > The motherboard ID is 10/14/2002-KLE133-A7V-VE

> Socket 370? You must be joking!

Socket A.

Patrick Dunford

Patrick Bold wrote:

> "Patrick Dunford" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed). nz...
>

>>>The motherboard ID is 10/14/2002-KLE133-A7V-VE

>>Socket 370? You must be joking!
>>

> Socket A.

Yes I know that, but the URL he gave where he claimed he could not find
the info indicated he had been looking under Socket 370 motherboards.

Patrick Bold

"Patrick Dunford" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:hKHOc.1176$(E-Mail Removed)...

> >>Socket 370? You must be joking!
> >>

> > Socket A.

> Yes I know that, but the URL he gave where he claimed he could not

find
> the info indicated he had been looking under Socket 370 motherboards.

I see. Then you were just being a prat.

Patrick Dunford

In article <410bae23$(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed)
says...
> "Patrick Dunford" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:hKHOc.1176$(E-Mail Removed)...

> > > Socket A.

> > Yes I know that, but the URL he gave where he claimed he could not

> find
> > the info indicated he had been looking under Socket 370 motherboards.
> >

> I see. Then you were just being a prat.

No, you are.

Matthew Strickland

"Paradox" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:cecq7h$7na$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I've used a few Asus boards with VIA chips and usually it's better to use
> the VIA drivers than the ones Asus provides (or not). The VIA 4in1 (now
> Hyperion I think) drivers used to be retro-compatible with any previous

VIA
> chip ie you just downloaded the latest 4in1 and it worked fine.
>
> Check out Via Arena
> http://www.viaarena.com/?PageID=1
>
> Rob

Thanks ill check this out.

Matthew Strickland

It looks like this board was custom to PC Company machines (and HP variants)
So i think im stuck for bios upgading unless the parent emanz companies of
pc company can help me?

Thanks for all your help.