Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Boise rip off

Boise rip off

K T T

Checking pricing for an ordinary MS optical usb mouse (the basic
cheapest one) which is about $30 at computer stores an Warehouse
Stationery, I rang Boise office supplies where the company I work for
has an account, Boise wanted $73 bucks. Stuff that.

Harry

K T T wrote:

> Checking pricing for an ordinary MS optical usb mouse (the basic
> cheapest one) which is about $30 at computer stores an Warehouse
> Stationery, I rang Boise office supplies where the company I work for
> has an account, Boise wanted $73 bucks. Stuff that.

was is cordless also? that might be the reason for the difference.
you can have non-optical corded, optical corded, non-optical wireless,
and optical wireless and the prices all differ.

Tim

You have to be really careful of those "stationery" shops.

They charge absolute max and more. I think they get too used to multi
hundreds of percent markups on paper products - you know reams of paper for
over $12 when it should be < $5... if not < $3.

EG I walked into one to check to see what toners they had & pricing. While I
was there I also checked the pricing of Epson printers. They had one that
was over 100% above RRP. I pointed this out. They said that the price was
correct - it wasn't I had purchased one a few weeks earlier for over $1000
less.

I simply do not trust any of them.

- Tim

"Harry" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:dvENc.6052$(E-Mail Removed)...
>K T T wrote:
>
>> Checking pricing for an ordinary MS optical usb mouse (the basic
>> cheapest one) which is about $30 at computer stores an Warehouse
>> Stationery, I rang Boise office supplies where the company I work for
>> has an account, Boise wanted $73 bucks. Stuff that.

> was is cordless also? that might be the reason for the difference.
> you can have non-optical corded, optical corded, non-optical wireless,
> and optical wireless and the prices all differ.

Dave - Dave.net.nz

Tim wrote:
> EG I walked into one to check to see what toners they had & pricing. While I
> was there I also checked the pricing of Epson printers. They had one that
> was over 100% above RRP. I pointed this out. They said that the price was
> correct - it wasn't I had purchased one a few weeks earlier for over $1000
> less.

just because it is more expensive, doesnt make them wrong... it is after
all their company, they can charge what they like.

James Slacks

"K T T" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ce6vpr$6m1$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Checking pricing for an ordinary MS optical usb mouse (the basic
> cheapest one) which is about $30 at computer stores an Warehouse
> Stationery, I rang Boise office supplies where the company I work for
> has an account, Boise wanted $73 bucks. Stuff that.

Depends on the size of your company. Small companies won't attract the
discounts that large ones will. Plus, the larger your company, generally,
the greater your buying power and therefore ability to negotiate good
prices. Trust me, I know.

Tim

No Dave. Blatant rip off. Read it carefully "blatant rip off". There is no
other description the product was over twice RRP and they had the audacity
to say it was correctly priced. If they are so incompetent that they need to
mark up beyond RRP and then claim the pricing is correct, they should not be
in business. I do not shop there. I do not recommend anyone shop there. No
one should have to come from a large corporate just to get RRP. No one
should have to spend thousands of dollars a month to get respectable
pricing. They do not need to do this. If their main thrust of income was
from corporates only via online / telephone sales with repeat orders etc.
then they would not need showrooms and the public would not walk in. Do you
think it is OK for them to rip off some old granny who thinks they are
investing wisely in EG a printer for grandson for christmas and be treated
as though they were an American citizen? I don't, thats why I live in NZ -
companies like that do not have ethics and do not deserve to be in business.
Or is that where you work Dave and is this why they can afford to pay you to
spend all day on the net? That would explain it.

- Tim

"Dave - Dave.net.nz" <Dave@_no_spam_here_please_dave.net.nz> wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Tim wrote:
>> EG I walked into one to check to see what toners they had & pricing.
>> While I was there I also checked the pricing of Epson printers. They had
>> one that was over 100% above RRP. I pointed this out. They said that the
>> price was correct - it wasn't I had purchased one a few weeks earlier for
>> over $1000 less.

> just because it is more expensive, doesnt make them wrong... it is after
> all their company, they can charge what they like.

Dave - Dave.net.nz

reply is inline.

Tim wrote:
> No Dave. Blatant rip off. Read it carefully "blatant rip off". There is no
> other description the product was over twice RRP and they had the audacity
> to say it was correctly priced.

Judo-snip
Hi Tim, top-posting is bad, read it carefully "top-posting is bad"
If suckers are dumb enough to pay for it, it's their fault.
****, I'll sell you a used 85 toyota corolla for $18000
Just because I want to charge you it, doesnt mean that someone wil buy it.

> Or is that where you work Dave and is this why they can afford to pay you to
> spend all day on the net? That would explain it.

nope, don't work there, but we do get many of our office supplies from
there, although, we seem to get a better discount than you

Tim

Hey, I don't shop there so don't get a discount. There is a lot of stupidity
in the way these operations work. Joe Blow walks in the door, sees rip off
pricing, walks out and notes never to return. Joe owns own company and
directs staff not to purchase from the rip off merchants.

If you as an individual wish to seek the best price you can, well thats an
individuals ethical choice. When it is a choice made and perpetuated within
a company that is something very deliberate, protracted (IE board room to
shop floor), and unnecessary.

Who do they think they are kidding when they might sell an occasional
printer at RRP x 2? The customers that won't come back? The customers that
they lose before they make their 1st sale to? No, Only themselves and they
are likley being dishonest to their shareholders too.

It is greed, unblinkered greed that has no benefit to either the seller of
the buyer.

- Tim

"Dave - Dave.net.nz" <Dave@_no_spam_here_please_dave.net.nz> wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> reply is inline.
>
> Tim wrote:
>> No Dave. Blatant rip off. Read it carefully "blatant rip off". There is
>> no other description the product was over twice RRP and they had the
>> audacity to say it was correctly priced.

> Judo-snip
> Hi Tim, top-posting is bad, read it carefully "top-posting is bad"
> If suckers are dumb enough to pay for it, it's their fault.
> ****, I'll sell you a used 85 toyota corolla for $18000
> Just because I want to charge you it, doesnt mean that someone wil buy it.
>
>> Or is that where you work Dave and is this why they can afford to pay you
>> to spend all day on the net? That would explain it.

> nope, don't work there, but we do get many of our office supplies from
> there, although, we seem to get a better discount than you

Craig Shore

On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 21:30:11 +1200, "Tim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Who do they think they are kidding when they might sell an occasional
>printer at RRP x 2? The customers that won't come back? The customers that
>they lose before they make their 1st sale to? No, Only themselves and they
>are likley being dishonest to their shareholders too.
>
>It is greed, unblinkered greed that has no benefit to either the seller of
>the buyer.

It's just the way it is. It's a trade supplier, not so much retail.

I guess you wouldn't like the way trade ppl price jobs either. If they're busy
and they have more work than they can handle they still price jobs, just at
massively inflated prices.

Patrick Dunford

In article <ce6vpr$6m1$(E-Mail Removed)>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
says...
> Checking pricing for an ordinary MS optical usb mouse (the basic
> cheapest one) which is about $30 at computer stores an Warehouse
> Stationery, I rang Boise office supplies where the company I work for
> has an account, Boise wanted $73 bucks. Stuff that.

MS have 6 optical mice in this category, with RRP ranging from $39 to
$99.

Boise Ruby Brigade Mike Moore Ruby 0 01-27-2006 06:45 AM
converting accuset 1200 HW rip to software rip Wendell Computer Support 0 06-05-2004 07:32 PM
Premium rate number rip off Debbi Computer Support 18 04-26-2004 01:36 PM
Publishers/non-rip-off Smirnoff Computer Support 0 08-18-2003 06:18 PM
Stoopid is ****ed that he can't rip his bank off!!!! Just Taylor Computer Support 34 08-02-2003 01:11 AM

Advertisments