Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Question: Nikon Coolpix 2100

Question: Nikon Coolpix 2100

Worm

Hey all,

Pricespy gives the cheapest price on the above camera as being from "E-top
Online", in Auckland. However, I'm worried about warranty issues, should
they arise. Is this outfit a parallel importer?

Cheers,

Worm

Patrick Dunford

says...
> Hey all,
>
> Pricespy gives the cheapest price on the above camera as being from "E-top
> Online", in Auckland. However, I'm worried about warranty issues, should
> they arise. Is this outfit a parallel importer?

Why do you want to buy a Coolpix 2100?

Consider the superior equivalent Canon A70/75.

Chris

Patrick Dunford <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed). nz:

> says...
>> Hey all,
>>
>> Pricespy gives the cheapest price on the above camera as being from
>> "E-top Online", in Auckland. However, I'm worried about warranty
>> issues, should they arise. Is this outfit a parallel importer?

> Why do you want to buy a Coolpix 2100?
>
> Consider the superior equivalent Canon A70/75.

Might have something to do with the fact the A70 is some $180 dearer
according to price spy, but then why would anyone want to buy the 2100 when
you can get the 2200 for $20 less

Worm

"Chris" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:41047e54$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Might have something to do with the fact the A70 is some $180 dearer
> according to price spy, but then why would anyone want to buy the 2100

when
> you can get the 2200 for $20 less

I guess my question was more trying to get at whether the firm was a
parallel importer

But where can I get the step up for $20 less?

Worm

Patrick Dunford

In article <41047e54$(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed) says...
> Patrick Dunford <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:(E-Mail Removed). nz:
>
> > In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed)
> > says...
> >> Hey all,
> >>
> >> Pricespy gives the cheapest price on the above camera as being from
> >> "E-top Online", in Auckland. However, I'm worried about warranty
> >> issues, should they arise. Is this outfit a parallel importer?

> > Why do you want to buy a Coolpix 2100?
> >
> > Consider the superior equivalent Canon A70/75.
> >

> Might have something to do with the fact the A70 is some $180 dearer
> according to price spy, but then why would anyone want to buy the 2100 when
> you can get the 2200 for $20 less

Oops. The A75 is the equivalent of the Coolpix 3100/3200.
The 2200 looks like good value at around $300.

Patrick Dunford

In article <41047e54$(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed) says...
> Patrick Dunford <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:(E-Mail Removed). nz:
>
> > In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed)
> > says...
> >> Hey all,
> >>
> >> Pricespy gives the cheapest price on the above camera as being from
> >> "E-top Online", in Auckland. However, I'm worried about warranty
> >> issues, should they arise. Is this outfit a parallel importer?

> > Why do you want to buy a Coolpix 2100?
> >
> > Consider the superior equivalent Canon A70/75.
> >

> Might have something to do with the fact the A70 is some $180 dearer
> according to price spy, but then why would anyone want to buy the 2100 when
> you can get the 2200 for $20 less

The A60 would be the equivalent canon model - phased out

Chris

"Worm" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:41049a83$(E-Mail Removed):

> "Chris" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:41047e54$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Might have something to do with the fact the A70 is some $180 dearer
>> according to price spy, but then why would anyone want to buy the
>> 2100

> when
>> you can get the 2200 for $20 less

> I guess my question was more trying to get at whether the firm was a
> parallel importer

O yeah, sorry, got side tracked, hehehe

> But where can I get the step up for $20 less?
>

> Worm

From, according to pricespy, http://www.etown.co.nz/ I guess your next
question is going to be Are these ppl parallel importers ?

I guess the old version being more expensive than the new version might
be related to some resellers being parallel importers, but thats just a
guess.

Is dealing with a parallel importer that bad ? If it's a reliable brand,
and that model get's good reviews and you can't find any complaints on
google it most likely will not break down. If the worst comes to the
worst your going to have some delays in getting it fixed anyway.
Personally I'd be more concerned about the company it's self rather than
the fact that they might be a parallel impporter, after all the
wharehouse is a parallel importer. I guess you could always ask e-Top
what the deal is, if I asked and they gave me a *shifty* answer to tried
to avoid the question I might not want to deal with them on that basis
alone.

Chris

Patrick Dunford <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed) z:

> In article <41047e54$(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed) says...
>> Patrick Dunford <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>> news:(E-Mail Removed). nz:
>>
>> > In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
>> > (E-Mail Removed) says...

>> > Why do you want to buy a Coolpix 2100?
>> >
>> > Consider the superior equivalent Canon A70/75.
>> >

>> Might have something to do with the fact the A70 is some $180 dearer
>> according to price spy, but then why would anyone want to buy the
>> 2100 when you can get the 2200 for $20 less

> The A60 would be the equivalent canon model - phased out

So the A70 can't be the equivalent then, if the A60 is the equivalent,
and since the A70 is superior then it can't be equivalent at the same
time..