Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > news.individual.net is a good, free news server

news.individual.net is a good, free news server

steve

OK....I asked for access to this free news server. It took them a week to
respond, but it was worth waiting for.

news.individual.net is fast, all the posts appear to be there and they carry
all of the newsgroups I follow...and my posts appear almost instantly on
other NZ news servers - judging by the rapid responses.

I do not know if they carry binary newsgroups. I have not looked.

Collector

steve said the following on 23/07/2004 14:01:

> OK....I asked for access to this free news server. It took them a week to
> respond, but it was worth waiting for.
>
> news.individual.net is fast, all the posts appear to be there and they carry
> all of the newsgroups I follow...and my posts appear almost instantly on
> other NZ news servers - judging by the rapid responses.
>
> I do not know if they carry binary newsgroups. I have not looked.

Be Quiet boy, we dont want everyone knowing about it, then it will slow down

steve

Collector wrote:

> steve said the following on 23/07/2004 14:01:
>
>> OK....I asked for access to this free news server. It took them a week to
>> respond, but it was worth waiting for.
>>
>> news.individual.net is fast, all the posts appear to be there and they
>> carry all of the newsgroups I follow...and my posts appear almost
>> instantly on other NZ news servers - judging by the rapid responses.
>>
>> I do not know if they carry binary newsgroups. I have not looked.
>>

> Be Quiet boy, we dont want everyone knowing about it, then it will slow
> down

LOL!

Stephen Worthington

On Fri, 23 Jul 2004 14:01:58 +1200, steve <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>OK....I asked for access to this free news server. It took them a week to
>respond, but it was worth waiting for.
>
>news.individual.net is fast, all the posts appear to be there and they carry
>all of the newsgroups I follow...and my posts appear almost instantly on
>other NZ news servers - judging by the rapid responses.
>
>I do not know if they carry binary newsgroups. I have not looked.

Yes, it is an amazingly good service for a free server. Posts show up
instantly on Easynews too. And no, they do not carry any binary
groups.