Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > DC Movies, is this for real

DC Movies, is this for real

riff

http://www.dcmoviez.com/index.html
Or is it a warez type of site... surely it can't be legal?
cheers
Riff

--
The word tofu is short for the medical term toe fungus.

Gordon Smith

"riff" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:HZPLc.9910$(E-Mail Removed)...
> http://www.dcmoviez.com/index.html
> Or is it a warez type of site... surely it can't be legal?
> cheers
> Riff

hmm... and registered to a Christchurch company - Uroxa Ltd
Domain has been registered since Apr 2003

Notice that they don't say that they hold the content... only that the
software can download files...

Waylon Smithers

riff wrote:
> http://www.dcmoviez.com/index.html
> Or is it a warez type of site... surely it can't be legal?

Ahh the old it's too good to be true routine.

Also note that the number of movies listed in the left hand side is hard
coded into the web page, rather than be displayed dynamically.

So any time the number of movies available would change, the webmaster would
have to recode each page and type the new number in.

Plus the box says download hundreds of movies, yet they claim over *43
million* movies are available for download ! Even on their home page they
claim *1,000,000s of downloads*

= this is a rip off site.

~!@#$%^&*()_+

Millhouse : "We started out like Romeo and Juliet but it ended in tragedy."

cowboyz

Gordon Smith wrote:
> "riff" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:HZPLc.9910$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> http://www.dcmoviez.com/index.html
>> Or is it a warez type of site... surely it can't be legal?
>> cheers
>> Riff
>>

> hmm... and registered to a Christchurch company - Uroxa Ltd
> Domain has been registered since Apr 2003
>
> Notice that they don't say that they hold the content... only that the
> software can download files...

They must be all above board. Just check out the first FAQ:

Q: Do you have good customer service?
A: Yes we have excellent Customer Service.

They wouldn't lie would they?

I wonder how many who shell out for this program also find themselves with
extremely large Internet bills?

Patrick Dunford

In article <cdpbo5$4sq$(E-Mail Removed)>,
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed). says...
> riff wrote:
> > http://www.dcmoviez.com/index.html
> > Or is it a warez type of site... surely it can't be legal?

> Ahh the old it's too good to be true routine.
>
> Also note that the number of movies listed in the left hand side is hard
> coded into the web page, rather than be displayed dynamically.

How do you know thisd?

If it is generated by a server side script then it will appear as a hard
coded number in HTML.

Tippi

"Waylon Smithers" <(E-Mail Removed).> wrote

> Ahh the old it's too good to be true routine.

Amen.

it appears when you pay DCMoviez they give you limewire, a free
program, and a bunch of tips. For $30. See
http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ripoff100753.htm
http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ripoff98935.htm