Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > OT: Pm motercade speeding on holmes

OT: Pm motercade speeding on holmes

Jeremy

Can you imagine with this road saftey campaign seeing the Pm on a full page
in the newpaper with the captions they have been running ,

Jeremy

JedMeister

But, she is allowed to speed as she is the prime minister.

"Jeremy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:cdintd$t2r$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Can you imagine with this road saftey campaign seeing the Pm on a full

page
> in the newpaper with the captions they have been running ,
>
> Jeremy

Jeremy

Yes but by speeding she wants to kill you me The guy at the dairy,etc
Ironic,

"JedMeister" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:3T5Lc.2577$(E-Mail Removed)...
> But, she is allowed to speed as she is the prime minister.
>

> "Jeremy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:cdintd$t2r$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Can you imagine with this road saftey campaign seeing the Pm on a full

> page
> > in the newpaper with the captions they have been running ,
> >
> > Jeremy

Vogan

"Jeremy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:cdir3e$v1n$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Yes but by speeding she wants to kill you me The guy at the dairy,etc
> Ironic,
>

> "JedMeister" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:3T5Lc.2577$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > But, she is allowed to speed as she is the prime minister.
> >

> > "Jeremy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:cdintd$t2r$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Can you imagine with this road saftey campaign seeing the Pm on a full

> > page
> > > in the newpaper with the captions they have been running ,
> > >
> > > Jeremy

Remember this govt's motto:

Do as I say not as I do

colinco

In article <3T5Lc.2577$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> But, she is allowed to speed as she is the prime minister.

Correct

Traffic Regs 1976 21 Speed limits—
(11) It shall be a defence to any person charged with an offence against
this regulation if he proves that he was, at the time of the act in
respect of which he is so charged, the driver of a motor vehicle—

(d)Conveying a member of the Executive Council engaged on urgent public
business, or conveying any other person authorised in that behalf by the
Minister and engaged on urgent public business in the execution of his
functions.

JedMeister

I guess 'urgent' business is usually highly classified and top secret, so
she can drive at her cars peak speed whenever she likes.

"colinco" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
In article <3T5Lc.2577$(E-Mail Removed)>,
(E-Mail Removed) says...
> But, she is allowed to speed as she is the prime minister.

Correct

Traffic Regs 1976 21 Speed limits—
(11) It shall be a defence to any person charged with an offence against
this regulation if he proves that he was, at the time of the act in
respect of which he is so charged, the driver of a motor vehicle—

(d)Conveying a member of the Executive Council engaged on urgent public
business, or conveying any other person authorised in that behalf by the
Minister and engaged on urgent public business in the execution of his
functions.

John B

colinco wrote:
> In article <3T5Lc.2577$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> (E-Mail Removed) says...
>> But, she is allowed to speed as she is the prime minister.
>>

> Correct
>
> Traffic Regs 1976 21 Speed limits—
> (11) It shall be a defence to any person charged with an offence
> against this regulation if he proves that he was, at the time of the
> act in respect of which he is so charged, the driver of a motor
> vehicle—
>
> (d)Conveying a member of the Executive Council engaged on urgent
> public business, or conveying any other person authorised in that
> behalf by the Minister and engaged on urgent public business in the
> execution of his functions.

The speed they can go is 120kph apparently.

--
John B

Matthew Poole

In article <ls6Lc.2595$(E-Mail Removed)>, "JedMeister" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>I guess 'urgent' business is usually highly classified and top secret, so
>she can drive at her cars peak speed whenever she likes.

*SNIP*

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what urgent business
the PM would've been concerned with at the weekend.
Hint: It involves lots of liquid sunshine and a state of civil
emergency.

--
Matthew Poole Auckland, New Zealand
"Veni, vidi, velcro...

My real e-mail is mattATp00leDOTnet

Matthew Poole

In article <ls6Lc.2595$(E-Mail Removed)>, "JedMeister" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>I guess 'urgent' business is usually highly classified and top secret, so
>she can drive at her cars peak speed whenever she likes.

*SNIP*

PS: Helen doesn't self-drive. She has DPS officers as her drivers.

--
Matthew Poole Auckland, New Zealand
"Veni, vidi, velcro...
I came, I saw, I stuck around"

My real e-mail is mattATp00leDOTnet

colinco

In article <Jz8Lc.9446$(E-Mail Removed)>,
(E-Mail Removed) says...
> colinco wrote:
> > In article <3T5Lc.2577$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> > (E-Mail Removed) says...
> >> But, she is allowed to speed as she is the prime minister.
> >>

> > Correct
> >
> > Traffic Regs 1976 21 Speed limits—
> > (11) It shall be a defence to any person charged with an offence
> > against this regulation if he proves that he was, at the time of the
> > act in respect of which he is so charged, the driver of a motor
> > vehicle—
> >
> > (d)Conveying a member of the Executive Council engaged on urgent
> > public business, or conveying any other person authorised in that
> > behalf by the Minister and engaged on urgent public business in the
> > execution of his functions.

> The speed they can go is 120kph apparently.
>
> --
> John B

It probably depends on the posted limit as you get charged with
dangerous driving once you are so far over.

John Holmes Render Me Computer Support 5 07-24-2005 10:24 AM
Ping John Holmes! * * * Y o u r . S h e p h e r d . A q u i l a . D e u s . ( d 2 0 0 5 x x , d 2 0 0 4 x x , d 2 0 0 Computer Support 25 06-28-2005 07:55 PM
Uhm, John Holmes is dead! Seeking/Providing Assistance Computer Support 7 03-13-2005 07:41 PM
DiNiccolo, Holmes, Paton, Trent© phrogee Computer Support 11 01-06-2005 06:23 AM
Ping Bob Holmes and Ken Briscoe =?iso-8859-1?Q?Frisbee=AE?= MCSE 8 06-08-2004 08:53 PM

Advertisments