Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Aircard and VPN dialup networking

Aircard and VPN dialup networking

=?Utf-8?B?VGlnYQ==?=

I have a Sierra Aircard 555 that I would like to launch at system startup
instead of after authenticating to the desktop because I would like our
mobile users to launch a VPN connection from the logon prompt.

I have tried nesting the dialup within the VPN connection configuration but
it passes the credentials of the logon screen through to the Aircard
authentication which fails.

Is there any way to prevent the DUN connection from CTRL-ALT-DEL from
changing the credentials? It works when logged into the desktop but not from
the logon screen.

Basically I want the users to logon using a Dialup networking connection
which would be a VPN connection which then would launch the Aircard dialup
using the Aircard's credentials.

Thanks for any help
--
Tiga

harrisonerik harrisonerik is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by =?Utf-8?B?VGlnYQ==?=
I have a Sierra Aircard 555 that I would like to launch at system startup
instead of after authenticating to the desktop because I would like our
mobile users to launch a VPN connection from the logon prompt.

I have tried nesting the dialup within the VPN connection configuration but
it passes the credentials of the logon screen through to the Aircard
authentication which fails.

Is there any way to prevent the DUN connection from CTRL-ALT-DEL from
changing the credentials? It works when logged into the desktop but not from
the logon screen.

Basically I want the users to logon using a Dialup networking connection
which would be a VPN connection which then would launch the Aircard dialup
using the Aircard's credentials.

Thanks for any help
--
Tiga

Essentially you want to bypass the windows authentication to go directly into the vpn? The only thing i could think of is to still have the login through windows and through a group policy, have the only thing to show on startup after the login be the vpn login. But, and I am assuming, they need the apps on that computer, just put it in the startup folder so upon windows boot it will prompt for vpn login credentials... I dont think you could bypass to go straight to a VPN login without actually being in windows first, seeing as how there are services attached to any type of connection.