Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > dual display under WinXP Pro

dual display under WinXP Pro

Evans Leung

Hi,

setup a WinXP pro machine with 2 monitors, 1 is onboard video card, and
another is a 4MB PCI video card.

Trouble is the 4MB PCI video card can only display 800x600, does anyone have
a PCI video to swap? If not, can someone suggest a place to look for a 2nd
hand PCI video card?

Cheers,
Evans

Patrick Dunford

> Hi,
>
> setup a WinXP pro machine with 2 monitors, 1 is onboard video card, and
> another is a 4MB PCI video card.
>
> Trouble is the 4MB PCI video card can only display 800x600, does anyone have
> a PCI video to swap? If not, can someone suggest a place to look for a 2nd
> hand PCI video card?

Must be a crappy old card not to support anything higher. Try lowering
the refresh rate or colour depth.

Brett

On Fri, 16 Jul 2004 23:45:04 +1200, Patrick Dunford
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed) says...
>> Hi,
>>
>> setup a WinXP pro machine with 2 monitors, 1 is onboard video card, and
>> another is a 4MB PCI video card.
>>
>> Trouble is the 4MB PCI video card can only display 800x600, does anyone have
>> a PCI video to swap? If not, can someone suggest a place to look for a 2nd
>> hand PCI video card?

>Must be a crappy old card not to support anything higher. Try lowering
>the refresh rate or colour depth.

Does the card work with xp in dual monitor mode, I had to find one that
had (I think) a PC98 compatible to work. Most of the older cards didn't.
What brand and model is the card you have?