Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > PC company - dying board???

PC company - dying board???

Patrick Dunford

In article <cd563u$qam$(E-Mail Removed)>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) says...
> Patrick Dunford <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:(E-Mail Removed). nz:
>
> > I have seen 110W and 145W ATX PSUs fitted into generic Chenbro ATX
> > minitower cases. A 250W PSU fits easily in the same case.

Correction: the 110W PSU was in an HP Pavilion case. But it was not a
small form factor, it was ATX mini tower factor, although with only one
external 5 1/4" bay.

> OK, this may well be true.
>
> BUT
> If a PSU manufacturer doesn=3Ft make less than a 250W in THEIR standard
> range, then there is a good chance that their 250W is their cheapo standard
> PSU that they sell to budget OEMs.

However, OEMs are more likely to make compact all-in-one systems such as
small form factors. I don't recall any example of SFF systems being
assembled for sale in NZ. With limited expansion capabilities, they can
be fitted with small low power supplies of the 90W variety, no one in
their right mind would put one of these into a tower type case.

Owly

"Ken" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I've been looking at a PC Co. box, it freezes randomly, even when in the

BIOS
> setup - croaking board or suspect PSU? It's an Athlon 1800, and it has a

250
> watt PSU in it. Should I try a new PSU before biffing the board? It's only
> recently started to freeze. The system is a little over 2 years old.

Just a thought, have you looked at the capacitors to see if any are swollen
or
leaking?

Survey: Does your company use Python? Do you know a company thatuses Python? VanL Python 1 08-07-2009 08:22 PM
Eclipse, sick, dying, dead, or am I missing something?? James Kimble Java 36 01-26-2005 01:38 PM
Dying Network setup wizard =?Utf-8?B?amFjcQ==?= Wireless Networking 3 01-26-2005 02:05 AM
PC KEEPS DYING Jim Gastropants MCSE 14 10-08-2004 01:45 PM
session keeps dying? Steve Letford ASP .Net 8 08-06-2003 05:01 AM

Advertisments