Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Capacitor source?

Reply
Thread Tools

Capacitor source?

 
 
~misfit~
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-13-2004
Hello everybody.

I'm looking to source some low ESR caps in the near future for mobo repairs.
I'll be needing some 3300mfd 6.3v units, not sure how many yet but probably
12 or more. Obviously I'd like to get them at the best possible price, can
anyone give me any pointers please?

Many thanks,
--
~misfit~


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Dave - Dave.net.nz
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-13-2004
~misfit~ wrote:
> Obviously I'd like to get them at the best possible price, can
> anyone give me any pointers please?


Best possible price... hmmm, isnt that what started this whole mess in
the first place?
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
The GHOST of WOGER.
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-13-2004
On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 14:25:21 +1200, "~misfit~" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Hello everybody.
>
>I'm looking to source some low ESR caps in the near future for mobo repairs.
>I'll be needing some 3300mfd 6.3v units, not sure how many yet but probably
>12 or more. Obviously I'd like to get them at the best possible price, can
>anyone give me any pointers please?
>
>Many thanks,




Yes R.S or Farnel..

You have no other otions..

 
Reply With Quote
 
Patrick Dunford
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-13-2004
In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) says...
> On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 14:25:21 +1200, "~misfit~" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
> >Hello everybody.
> >
> >I'm looking to source some low ESR caps in the near future for mobo repairs.
> >I'll be needing some 3300mfd 6.3v units, not sure how many yet but probably
> >12 or more. Obviously I'd like to get them at the best possible price, can
> >anyone give me any pointers please?
> >
> >Many thanks,

>
>
>
> Yes R.S or Farnel..


Farnell is not a retailer, you need to find a reseller of their product
line.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Bruce Sinclair
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-13-2004
In article <J7JIc.10387$(E-Mail Removed)>, "~misfit~" <(E-Mail Removed)> was seen to type:

>Ok, any ideas? Also, who or what is R.S.?


RS is probably RS Components in auckland. Very fast ... but not
usually the cheapest www.rswww.co.nz


Bruce


-----------------------------------------------------------------------
It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to
think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyones fault.
If it was Us, what did that make Me ? After all, Im one of Us. I must be.
Ive certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No-one ever thinks
of themselves as one of Them. Were always one of Us. Its Them that do
the bad things. <=> Terry Pratchett. Jingo.

Caution ===== followups may have been changed to relevant groups
(if there were any)
 
Reply With Quote
 
~misfit~
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-13-2004
Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
> ~misfit~ wrote:
>> Obviously I'd like to get them at the best possible price, can
>> anyone give me any pointers please?

>
> Best possible price... hmmm, isnt that what started this whole mess in
> the first place?


Well.... Sort of. However, I'm not a large Taiwanese corporation poaching
technical staff from a Japanese company.
--
~misfit~


 
Reply With Quote
 
~misfit~
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-13-2004
Patrick Dunford wrote:
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> (E-Mail Removed) says...
>> On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 14:25:21 +1200, "~misfit~"
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello everybody.
>>>
>>> I'm looking to source some low ESR caps in the near future for mobo
>>> repairs. I'll be needing some 3300mfd 6.3v units, not sure how many
>>> yet but probably 12 or more. Obviously I'd like to get them at the
>>> best possible price, can anyone give me any pointers please?
>>>
>>> Many thanks,

>>
>>
>>
>> Yes R.S or Farnel..

>
> Farnell is not a retailer, you need to find a reseller of their
> product line.


Ok, any ideas? Also, who or what is R.S.?

Thanks,
--
~misfit~


 
Reply With Quote
 
Otis E Levator
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-13-2004
Where about's are you?
There is a place here in CHCH called South Island Components,
they might have or be able to get what you need!

Cheers,

"~misfit~" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:J7JIc.10387$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Patrick Dunford wrote:
> > In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> > (E-Mail Removed) says...
> >> On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 14:25:21 +1200, "~misfit~"
> >> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >>
> >>> Hello everybody.
> >>>
> >>> I'm looking to source some low ESR caps in the near future for mobo
> >>> repairs. I'll be needing some 3300mfd 6.3v units, not sure how many
> >>> yet but probably 12 or more. Obviously I'd like to get them at the
> >>> best possible price, can anyone give me any pointers please?
> >>>
> >>> Many thanks,
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >> Yes R.S or Farnel..

> >
> > Farnell is not a retailer, you need to find a reseller of their
> > product line.

>
> Ok, any ideas? Also, who or what is R.S.?
>
> Thanks,
> --
> ~misfit~
>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
Bruce Simpson
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-13-2004
On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 15:43:23 +1200, Patrick Dunford
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
>(E-Mail Removed) says...
>> On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 14:25:21 +1200, "~misfit~" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >Hello everybody.
>> >
>> >I'm looking to source some low ESR caps in the near future for mobo repairs.
>> >I'll be needing some 3300mfd 6.3v units, not sure how many yet but probably
>> >12 or more. Obviously I'd like to get them at the best possible price, can
>> >anyone give me any pointers please?
>> >
>> >Many thanks,

>>
>>
>>
>> Yes R.S or Farnel..

>
>Farnell is not a retailer, you need to find a reseller of their product
>line.


Eh, you can order stuff straight from their catalogue -- I've done it
many times. Bloody expensive though -- just like RS.

--
you can contact me via http://aardvark.co.nz/contact/
Need a cruise missile?
http://www.interestingprojects.com/needamissile.shtml
 
Reply With Quote
 
Patrick Dunford
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-13-2004
In article <MMJIc.7838$(E-Mail Removed)>,
(E-Mail Removed) says...
> Where about's are you?
> There is a place here in CHCH called South Island Components,
> they might have or be able to get what you need!


yes, very specialised.

Jaycar and Altronics have retail offices, they may or may not have the
specialised knowledge.

Try this question in aus.electronics as well
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
S1 flash capacitor discharging to ground tomcas Digital Photography 1 01-15-2006 08:06 PM
RJ11 cable with ring capacitor George UK VOIP 1 09-22-2005 09:33 AM
RJ11 to BT connector with ring capacitor? Peter X UK VOIP 7 09-21-2005 11:24 PM
EP-8RDA+ capacitor problem? F Sutherland Computer Support 3 06-07-2005 10:12 PM
vhdl coding of capacitor sandeep VHDL 1 11-24-2003 03:12 PM



Advertisments