Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Teranews.com worse than Orcon News server

Teranews.com worse than Orcon News server

steve

Well....I've tried teranews.com's usenet news service for a couple of weeks
now....and generally Teranews make orcon look good.

Problems:

- missing posts (mine and others)
- can't contact server (a lot)
- slow to respond when it is there....
- sometimes I can respond to existing threads, but it won't show any of my
original posts. No error messages....

Collector_NZ

steve said the following on 11/07/2004 10:34:
> Well....I've tried teranews.com's usenet news service for a couple of weeks
> now....and generally Teranews make orcon look good.
>
> Problems:
>
> - missing posts (mine and others)
> - can't contact server (a lot)
> - slow to respond when it is there....
> - sometimes I can respond to existing threads, but it won't show any of my
> original posts. No error messages....

I have news.individual.net (free but reg required) loaded up and its
good. retention (which seems tomatter to some) is not good but its fast

--
Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being
governed by those who are dumber.

Chris

steve <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed) s.com:

> Well....I've tried teranews.com's usenet news service for a couple of
> weeks now....and generally Teranews make orcon look good.
>
> Problems:
>
> - missing posts (mine and others)
> - can't contact server (a lot)
> - slow to respond when it is there....
> - sometimes I can respond to existing threads, but it won't show any
> of my original posts. No error messages....

Yes, I have had all of those problems on both Orcon and Teranews. As far
as which is worst, it seems to change from one to the other. Sometimes
they are as bad as each other. Yours points 2 & 3 can be bad at times on
Teranews.

--
Chris

paora

On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 22:34:39 GMT, steve <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Well....I've tried teranews.com's usenet news service for a couple of weeks
>now....and generally Teranews make orcon look good.
>
>Problems:
>
>- missing posts (mine and others)
>- can't contact server (a lot)
>- slow to respond when it is there....
>- sometimes I can respond to existing threads, but it won't show any of my
>original posts. No error messages....

Tried news.individual.net?

Why I suggested it I don't know - it's not like I miss your 'I Luv
Mike Moore' posts when/if they don't go thru.

Mutley

steve <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Well....I've tried teranews.com's usenet news service for a couple of weeks
>now....and generally Teranews make orcon look good.
>
>Problems:
>
>- missing posts (mine and others)
>- can't contact server (a lot)
>- slow to respond when it is there....
>- sometimes I can respond to existing threads, but it won't show any of my
>original posts. No error messages....

Try this one then.

beta.teranews.com

Just log in with your normal account #

Mutley

steve <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Well....I've tried teranews.com's usenet news service for a couple of weeks
>now....and generally Teranews make orcon look good.
>
>Problems:
>
>- missing posts (mine and others)
>- can't contact server (a lot)
>- slow to respond when it is there....
>- sometimes I can respond to existing threads, but it won't show any of my
>original posts. No error messages....

Just downloaded headers from some binary groups on both Tera and
orcon.

You must be joking??

Orcon 1 part of a 40 part file. Good?? I don't think so..

Tera 40 parts of a 40 part file.. much better.

Sally M

steve <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed) ws.com>...
> Well....I've tried teranews.com's usenet news service for a couple of weeks
> now....and generally Teranews make orcon look good.
>
> Problems:
>
> - missing posts (mine and others)
> - can't contact server (a lot)
> - slow to respond when it is there....
> - sometimes I can respond to existing threads, but it won't show any of my
> original posts. No error messages....

Don't know about Orcon but Teranews has been pretty useless for a
while now. Propagation has been sporadic at best for a month or more.
Bubba is no better... I think they're essentially the same feed.

The big bummer is that I've tried several pay servers that aren't a
lot better for reliability. I'd hate to be paying for this kind of
crappy service!

Patrick Dunford

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, mutley2000
@hotmail.com says...
> steve <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >Well....I've tried teranews.com's usenet news service for a couple of weeks
> >now....and generally Teranews make orcon look good.
> >
> >Problems:
> >
> >- missing posts (mine and others)
> >- can't contact server (a lot)
> >- slow to respond when it is there....
> >- sometimes I can respond to existing threads, but it won't show any of my
> >original posts. No error messages....
> >

> Just downloaded headers from some binary groups on both Tera and
> orcon.
>
> You must be joking??
>
> Orcon 1 part of a 40 part file. Good?? I don't think so..

Fine for people who don't need binaries. What kind of warez come in 40
parts?

steve

paora wrote:

> Tried news.individual.net?

About to.

> Why I suggested it I don't know - it's not like I miss your 'I Luv
> Mike Moore' posts when/if they don't go thru.

We're both part of the 'amazing diversity' that should be USENET.

steve

Mutley wrote:

> steve <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Well....I've tried teranews.com's usenet news service for a couple of
>>weeks now....and generally Teranews make orcon look good.
>>
>>Problems:
>>
>>- missing posts (mine and others)
>>- can't contact server (a lot)
>>- slow to respond when it is there....
>>- sometimes I can respond to existing threads, but it won't show any of my
>>original posts. No error messages....
>>

> Just downloaded headers from some binary groups on both Tera and
> orcon.
>
> You must be joking??
>
> Orcon 1 part of a 40 part file. Good?? I don't think so..
>
> Tera 40 parts of a 40 part file.. much better.

I don't use binary newsgroups. I used to.....like 9 years ago - but the web
and p2p apps made access to binary materials of any sort much easier than
via newsgroups.