Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Partition Magic - curiosity.

Partition Magic - curiosity.

paora

Demo version - what are the restrictions

Google Adword Version - is it legitimate - $20 instead of $70+? -
would google condone piracy? They allow allsorts of scam/bullshit
artists to advertise so I guess it doesn't bother them.

As the topic says - CURIOSITY prompts me to ask because I stole a copy
off Kaaza - suck me if that ****es you off.

At $70 I might as well have bought another harddrive because I'll
probably never use PM again - however I might have just used the
'demo' if it would have done the simple repartition I wanted done.

How often or how much does the average PM buyer use it?

Another rant.

Brett Cooper

On Thu, 08 Jul 2004 05:44:48 GMT, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (paora) wrote:

>Demo version - what are the restrictions
>
>Google Adword Version - is it legitimate - $20 instead of $70+? -
>would google condone piracy? They allow allsorts of scam/bullshit
>artists to advertise so I guess it doesn't bother them.

I don't know if the cheap scams are any good, I think that the rippers
that sell it so cheap that they download from some place, like Kazaa.

>As the topic says - CURIOSITY prompts me to ask because I stole a copy
>off Kaaza - suck me if that ****es you off.

R U A girl? Just curiosity as it could affect my point of view as to you
being bad and me getting P'd. I would not call IT stole, I would word the
actions more like getting a working version to see if the tool is right
for your needs. No point paying $70+ to find out the tool is no good for
the job. It's like throwing money away. Any if you really need it you
could buy it cheap from an auction site, like trademe.co.nz
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Computers/S...n-12575652.htm

>At $70 I might as well have bought another harddrive because I'll
>probably never use PM again - however I might have just used the
>'demo' if it would have done the simple repartition I wanted done.

You could also use this freeware stuff,
Partition Resizer - http://zeleps.com/
Ranish Partition Manager - http://www.ranish.com/part/
TestDisk - http://www.cgsecurity.org/index.html?testdisk.html

>How often or how much does the average PM buyer use it?

Back in the 90's oh and twice this century.

>Another rant.

Thanks I had a good rant too.

Brett

paora

On Thu, 08 Jul 2004 22:18:15 +1200, Brett Cooper
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>R U A girl?

I'm gay and can't help myself - it comes naturally.

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I would not call IT stole

That was for the anti-piracy lot who are usually as ****ed off by our
actions as they are at our pretense to not be doing what we do.

Brett Cooper

On Thu, 08 Jul 2004 10:44:50 GMT, (E-Mail Removed) (paora) wrote:

>On Thu, 08 Jul 2004 22:18:15 +1200, Brett Cooper
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>R U A girl?

>I'm gay and can't help myself - it comes naturally.

lol

Brett

On Thu, 08 Jul 2004 10:48:50 GMT, (E-Mail Removed) (paora) wrote:

>On Thu, 08 Jul 2004 22:18:15 +1200, Brett
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>I would not call IT stole

>That was for the anti-piracy lot who are usually as ****ed off by our
>actions as they are at our pretense to not be doing what we do.

I know a art gallery, that doesn't like images being reproduced by artists,
ie, photo of big cats in wild from national geographic, done in water
colours. Because of copyright issues, but on the office computer they
have a pirate copy of a publishing package, and that's ok.

strange world.

Dave Taylor

(E-Mail Removed) (paora) wrote in news:40eedcce.18714167
@news.individual.net:

> Demo version - what are the restrictions
>
> Google Adword Version - is it legitimate - $20 instead of $70+? -
> would google condone piracy? They allow allsorts of scam/bullshit
> artists to advertise so I guess it doesn't bother them.
>
> As the topic says - CURIOSITY prompts me to ask because I stole a copy
> off Kaaza - suck me if that ****es you off.
>
> At $70 I might as well have bought another harddrive because I'll
> probably never use PM again - however I might have just used the
> 'demo' if it would have done the simple repartition I wanted done.
>
> How often or how much does the average PM buyer use it?
>
> Another rant.

Use QTparted from the latest knoppix cd or other live distro rescue CD
set.
http:/www.distrowatch.com/

I like PM, but if all you want to do is resize MS file formats, then it
is overkill.

Ciao, Dave