Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > whaddya use?

whaddya use?

To get techie info?

Drivers?

Have you paid for Driver Wizard? Win Drivers.com? or still using
driverguide?

Have you paid for Lockergnome? Nonags?

Collector_NZ

C said the following on 4/07/2004 19:59:

> To get techie info?
>
> Drivers?
>
> Have you paid for Driver Wizard? Win Drivers.com? or still using
> driverguide?
>
> Have you paid for Lockergnome? Nonags?

Never paid, you can find almost anything you need to know with google on the
web and the news groups

Dave - Dave.net.nz

C wrote:
> To get techie info?

the net, google.com

> Drivers?

my own archive

> Have you paid for Driver Wizard?

yes, I have, good product.

> Win Drivers.com? or still using
> driverguide?

nope

> Have you paid for Lockergnome? Nonags?

umm what?

Gordon

On Mon, 05 Jul 2004 11:11:33 +1200, Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:

> C wrote:

>> Have you paid for Lockergnome? Nonags?

> umm what?

Google them eh?

Aaron Lawrence

Suddenly, C <> sprang forth and uttered these pithy words:
> To get techie info?

Manufacturer's website, [drivers|downloads|support], pick model number.
If that fails, Google.

I've often wondered what breed of "techie" uses these generic sites...

--
aaronl at consultant dot com
For every expert, there is an equal and

Dave - Dave.net.nz

Aaron Lawrence wrote:
> I've often wondered what breed of "techie" uses these generic sites...

I do, but only when the hardware is unmarked.
most modems/many nics/some vga cards that sort of thing.

theseus

Aaron Lawrence wrote:

> Suddenly, C <> sprang forth and uttered these pithy words:
>> To get techie info?

> Manufacturer's website, [drivers|downloads|support], pick model number.
> If that fails, Google.
>
> I've often wondered what breed of "techie" uses these generic sites...

One looking for a driver for a kamakuza winmodem

Dave - Dave.net.nz

theseus wrote:
>>I've often wondered what breed of "techie" uses these generic sites...

> One looking for a driver for a kamakuza winmodem

kamakuza... didnt they also make video cards? Nvidia chipset, but
they've now gone out of business, or only provide a korean website that
is unreadable to us english only people.

oh well, use that generic driver then.

also, gamers use the generic ones a lot too, as they usually give ever
so slightly better performance, oh yay, 1% more FPS in Quake 3, now it's
85% faster than my eye can see anyway.

~misfit~

Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
> Aaron Lawrence wrote:
>> I've often wondered what breed of "techie" uses these generic
>> sites...

> I do, but only when the hardware is unmarked.
> most modems/many nics/some vga cards that sort of thing.

I've always managed to find drivers by Googling numbers off chips (ICs) in
the past when all else fails. Takes a while sometimes though.
--
~misfit~