Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > D-Link DI-624+ wireless router freezing

Reply
Thread Tools

D-Link DI-624+ wireless router freezing

 
 
Mauricio Freitas
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-01-2004
Hello

Anyone out there using these? I've just bought one today, and it freezes
every 20 minutes or so, impacting the wired (four ports) and wireless
connections. I have to turn it off and on to have it going again.

My old Belkin four ports router was in use for three years and never had a
problem, being on almost all this time.

I see I'll have to call their support tomorrow. Not looking forward to this,
knowing they have a terrible fame.

--
Mauricio Freitas, Microsoft MVP Mobile Devices
Bluetooth guides: http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=449
Performance Centre (Pocket PC reviews):
http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?ContentId=2028
Handango discount: http://www.geekzone.co.nz/handango_code.asp



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Frank Sams
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-01-2004
Yup I have had two, both had the same issue, and I ra'ed the units back to
TEch Pac and got a linksys product...

"Mauricio Freitas" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:8bREc.5679$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello
>
> Anyone out there using these? I've just bought one today, and it freezes
> every 20 minutes or so, impacting the wired (four ports) and wireless
> connections. I have to turn it off and on to have it going again.
>
> My old Belkin four ports router was in use for three years and never had a
> problem, being on almost all this time.
>
> I see I'll have to call their support tomorrow. Not looking forward to

this,
> knowing they have a terrible fame.
>
> --
> Mauricio Freitas, Microsoft MVP Mobile Devices
> Bluetooth guides: http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=449
> Performance Centre (Pocket PC reviews):
> http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?ContentId=2028
> Handango discount: http://www.geekzone.co.nz/handango_code.asp
>
>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Mauricio Freitas
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-01-2004
"Frank Sams" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:cc0rj9$9mn$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Yup I have had two, both had the same issue, and I ra'ed the units back

to
> TEch Pac and got a linksys product...
>


Thanks... Will return this one today and get another brand.

--
Mauricio Freitas, Microsoft MVP Mobile Devices
Bluetooth guides: http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=449
Performance Centre (Pocket PC reviews):
http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?ContentId=2028
Handango discount: http://www.geekzone.co.nz/handango_code.asp


 
Reply With Quote
 
Dogg
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-01-2004
On Thu, 1 Jul 2004 21:54:34 +1200, "Mauricio Freitas"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

<snippity doo daa>
>
>I see I'll have to call their support tomorrow. Not looking forward to this,
>knowing they have a terrible fame.


I've found D-Link support to be quite good. At least you talk to
someone you can understand (Oz) unlike Sony, HP, Toshiba....
 
Reply With Quote
 
Dave - Dave.net.nz
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-01-2004
Frank Sams wrote:
> Yup I have had two, both had the same issue, and I ra'ed the units back to
> TEch Pac and got a linksys product...


Same here for work.

--
Dave Hall
http://www.dave.net.nz
 
Reply With Quote
 
Mauricio Freitas
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-02-2004
"Dave - Dave.net.nz" <dave@_no_spam_here_please_dave.net.nz> wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Frank Sams wrote:
> > Yup I have had two, both had the same issue, and I ra'ed the units back

to
> > TEch Pac and got a linksys product...

>
> Same here for work.
>


Just returned this $#%#$ to Tec Pac...

--
Mauricio Freitas, Microsoft MVP Mobile Devices
Bluetooth guides: http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=449
Performance Centre (Pocket PC reviews):
http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?ContentId=2028
Handango discount: http://www.geekzone.co.nz/handango_code.asp


 
Reply With Quote
 
Alastair
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-02-2004
In <8bREc.5679$(E-Mail Removed)> Mauricio Freitas wrote:

> Anyone out there using these? I've just bought one today, and it
> freezes every 20 minutes or so, impacting the wired (four ports) and
> wireless connections. I have to turn it off and on to have it going
> again.


I have a 614+ here, and I have been using it for about three months with
minimal problems. It has locked up as you describe on one occassion, and
required a reboot. My theory at the time is that the firewall locked it
up for some reason, but I'm no networking expert, so I could be
completely wrong.

I know that the quality of D-Link product is pretty controversial, but
I've been pretty happy with them based on my experience thus far.

--
Regards, Alastair.
http://www.alastair.net.nz
Christchurch, New Zealand
Note that my supplied email address is low priority and responses may be
delayed.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Belkin Wireless Router Connection Problems/Hanging/Freezing Andrew Clancy Computer Support 7 12-19-2009 04:04 AM
Belkin N1 Wireless USB Adapter (F5D8051 ver 2010uk) and Channel 13. Notes on Pre-N Notebook card (F5D8010 ver 1001uk), Wireless G Notebook card (F5D7011 ver 1000uk) and Wireless G Plus router (F5D7231-4 ver 3000uk) John Wireless Networking 1 07-27-2009 08:41 AM
WIRELESS G BROADBAND ROUTER OR WIRELESS N BROADBAND ROUTER Bill Wireless Networking 2 05-28-2008 04:04 PM
Home computer freezing with router hooked up =?Utf-8?B?Q2pheWRlbg==?= Wireless Networking 3 04-18-2007 02:38 PM
Cisco 1605 router freezing John Nordien Cisco 1 12-18-2004 02:25 PM



Advertisments